New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution has long been considered as one of the greatest sports cars ever produced in Japan. While it may not necessarily fit within the criteria of a sports car with it featuring two too many doors, its bang for your buck performance is only matched by the Subaru Impreza WRX STi. However, reports have emerged that the next-generation Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution could take things one step further and compete with the Nissan GT-R.

Consequently, the next Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution could feature a 500hp plug-in hybrid engine while being based on the upcoming facelifted and upgraded Mitsubishi Lancer hatchback. The new Evolution, or simply ‘Evo’, would borrow technology utilised on the Mitsubishi MiEV Evolution II Pikes Peak racing car. However, the development and production of such a range-topping sports car all depends on the acceptance of Mitsubishi’s plug-in hybrid PHEV systems.

Nevertheless, the new Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution would maintain the all-wheel drive layout of previous generations and have the option of running solely on electric power. Under the hood, the next-gen Evo would likely feature a 2.0-liter petrol engine alongside two electric motors producing 80hp each and from a design standpoint, Mitsubishi could draw on the Mitsubishi Concept-RA from the Detroit Motor Show 2008.

Unfortunately, the development of a car all hinges on how successful the PHEV technology becomes and the charging infrastructure required to sell Mitsubishi’s PHEV car globally.
    c/o gt spirit

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Based sa concept car, mukhang palayo na siya ng palayo sa rally roots niya. Evo got famous dahil sa WRC. Mawawalan na ng rival ang Impreza ngayon

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This would be interesting. The Godzilla is revered in Japan as the top Japanese car with a lot of fans. I wonder what car the EVO will be to knock off Godzilla from its current pedestal.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    +1 Kung Nissan GTR na and aim nila, it would be more of a sports car rather than a rally beast! That should be a job for the mitsu eclipse...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    Based sa concept car, mukhang palayo na siya ng palayo sa rally roots niya. Evo got famous dahil sa WRC. Mawawalan na ng rival ang Impreza ngayon

andyan pa naman ang SIR a

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    :bwahaha: good luck with that, if i were mitsu i'd stick with it's rally roots.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i'd say go for it Mitsu, nalampasan na din naman nila WRX STi on tarmac dahil mas superior Super AWC + AYC nila... ang Subaru di na masyado nag develop ng new Transmission and Differentials..... anyway very interesting to see the outcome.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    As for me, aiming for GTR is no question. Kaso bakit kelangan Evo gumawa nun? Which is known for being a very sharp road going rally car. Sana binuhay na lang nila ang GTO/3000GT VR-4 which is the real competitor to GTR's ancestors R32-R33 Skyline GT-R.

https://www.facebook.com/AutoEncorePhil

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i agree with basti dapat binuhay na lang nila yung gto. look at the evo X, yes it's faster than the STi but look at it's sales. compared to the STi's the evo X's sales is nothing, unlike the previous evo's, in terms of sales it was side by side with the STi and i'm not talking about the philippine market but the world market. the evo x is no doubt faster than the STi and the fastest evo right now but a lot of it's rally enthusiast went for the STi instead of the X because the X became more of a tourer than a rally car. yes it was fast but it wasn't as fun to drive as the STi and the previous evo's plus the driver involvement was there anymore. if i was to get an evo i'd go with the 6 or 9. even if mitsu is able to bring the evo to gtr speeds people would still go for the gtr rather than the evo.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    andyan pa naman ang SIR a
    Boring kalaban ang SIR

Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    As for me, aiming for GTR is no question. Kaso bakit kelangan Evo gumawa nun? Which is known for being a very sharp road going rally car. Sana binuhay na lang nila ang GTO/3000GT VR-4 which is the real competitor to GTR's ancestors R32-R33 Skyline GT-R.

https://www.facebook.com/AutoEncorePhil
    Ah yeah, the GTO which one hell of a car. Ganda pa ng stance niya at yun ang totoong gran tourer car ng Mitsubishi.

For me lang, mid to late 90s Mitsu cars ang may magagandang reputation, design, and performance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Next Generation Mitsubishi EVO will be a Nissan GTR beater!