Oct 2002
    Unioil lang ba ang Euro4 diesel? How about the Big3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Unioil lang ba ang Euro4 diesel? How about the Big3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unioil is the sole Euro 5 compliant gas station as of now. Caltex, Petron and Shell are Euro4.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Petron has a Euro 6 blaze.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    I was one of first persons who used Unioil Euro 4 (15 ppm sulfur) diesel back in 2011 when it was introduced for my old 2010 Montero Sport GLS A/T 4x2. Euro 2 (500 ppm sulfur) diesels were the norm that period until it was mandated by law in 2016. My EGR was never touched from the time I bought the vehicle in 2010 until I decided to have it cleaned for the 1st time in 2016. EGR does not need cleaning in opening. Just use the current Euro 4 diesel and you won't have any problem with EGR blockage. EGRs by themselves are self-regulating are closed in more than 50% of the time. They are there for a purpose: decrease NOx gasses which are good for the environment and for our health. Leave it as is.

Sorry sir roydok, no offense on your belief whether you agree or not on EGR blanking, its our individual desicion anyway. Yes its purpose is to decrease NOx gases on the emission but on the expense of our engine's life, how about those old jeepnies running non-compliant engines blowing dark/black exhausts. I will not blank my engine's EGR if I were in US or Europe probably where all cars are environment friendly.

I am calling for those who believe in EGR blanking and had blanked theirs with plate without a hole in the middle and if CEL had appeared in their dashboard. Thanks and no offense to anybody.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What I stated is based on experience. Before doing anything in our vehicle its best to know the pros and cons. Final decision is still with the owner.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ar2roph View Post
    Sorry sir roydok, no offense on your belief whether you agree or not on EGR blanking, its our individual desicion anyway. Yes its purpose is to decrease NOx gases on the emission but on the expense of our engine's life, how about those old jeepnies running non-compliant engines blowing dark/black exhausts. I will not blank my engine's EGR if I were in US or Europe probably where all cars are environment friendly.

I am calling for those who believe in EGR blanking and had blanked theirs with plate without a hole in the middle and if CEL had appeared in their dashboard. Thanks and no offense to anybody.
    Shorter engine life as side effect of blanking can be cancelled by using API CI-4, CJ-4 and CK-4 rated diesel oils which has higher detergency and soot suspension that protects better the engine.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the old jeepneys the government has a program to replace them to new ones with Euro 4 engines (with EGR).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In the U.S. and Europe by law its illegal to have a blanked EGR.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A good article in why we should not blank our EGR:

Don’t Block or Remove the EGR Valve, It’s Saving You Money | Tuner University

10. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ar2roph View Post
    Guys,

Ask ko lang kung meron na ba sa inyo dito na nakapag full EGR blanking ng 2017 Montero 4N15 engine, yung walang butas sa gitna ang blanking plate and kung hindi nag check engine light? Kung may butas kasi eh magdudumi pa din ang intake manifold pagtagal. TIA
    Again, for those who strongly believe in EGR blanking and had already blanked theirs, did you do a full or has a small hole at the middle of the plate? A plate with the hole still passes about 10% of the soot which a full blank is better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast