New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ar2roph View Post
    Again, for those who strongly believe in EGR blanking and had already blanked theirs, did you do a full or has a small hole at the middle of the plate? A plate with the hole still passes about 10% of the soot which a full blank is better.
    Hey guys, any inputs on this? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Blanking plate with a hole is almost the same as not blanking at all.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ar2roph View Post
    Again, for those who strongly believe in EGR blanking and had already blanked theirs, did you do a full or has a small hole at the middle of the plate? A plate with the hole still passes about 10% of the soot which a full blank is better.
    Here’s an expert opinion.

Don't be conned by EGR blanking plates... - Berrima Diesel Services - The Diesel Experts - Philippines | Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Yung montero mo pinablank mo?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpedition View Post

I currently have 2 Monteros, a 2014 model with 4D56 engine EGR fully blanked and a 2017 model with 4N15 engine blanked with holed (2mm dia) plate so I was calling for the ones who believe in EGR blanking on how did they blanked their 4N15 EGR valve and how was it's reaponse, is there a CEL if full blanked.

I did not started this topic to argue to those who do not believe, If you don't want to do it then it's up to you.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpedition View Post

Hindi ko na pina-blank monty ko. My grand starex naka-blank since it was still on euro 3 diesel before. On euro 4, i dont see the big need to blank the monty anymore, moreso naka euro5 diesel ako via unioil

7. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Hindi ko na pina-blank monty ko. My grand starex naka-blank since it was still on euro 3 diesel before. On euro 4, i dont see the big need to blank the monty anymore, moreso naka euro5 diesel ako via unioil

Ano year model ng monty mo sir JJB? I am also a religious Unioil diesel user ever since. Euro4 or Euro5 compliant engine still needs blanking asap kasi carbonized na usok pa din ang pumapasok sa intake manifold wherein kaya nga may air filter diba, para masala o malinis ang pumapasok na air. I blanked both of my monty's right after pull out from casa. Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123