New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    My friends dad is selling me his 95 lancer gl for 100k, mileage is at 60k since they use it for school and home only. This does not have power windows, im not sure if its power steering though. Is it worth it?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    In one word, yes.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Bump need more opinions

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    mas maganda siguro kung you would get pics of it (engine bay included) then our guru's would probably give a good opinion.

but first on impression - mileage is low which is a plus factor and you personally know the seller (who knows, he might even throw in some extra parts for it and give you a list of his network like where to get affordable parts, good mechanic, recommended tire/aircon shops, etc.)

just my two cents.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lancer gl has the 4g15 engine.
    i assume its carburated engine, lancer gli has the 4g15 fuel injected engine.

probably, your friend has already replaced its timing belt?
    ask him if he installed an original timing belt in his engine.
    the original timing belt is good for 70,000 kms.

spare parts and japan replacement brands for the lancers are plenty in the market.
    fuel consumption, approx. 9kms to 10kms per liter on city driving.

for more info and details about lancers, visit MitsuLancerPH, Inc. The Premiere Lancer Enthusiast Club of the the Philippines

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa akin, if you really trust your friend or your friend's pop enough, then it would be ok.
    95 GL i think has power steering. yung EL variant ang wala.