New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    *Wurmer,

Any idea on the fuel consumption of your strada? thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    *wurmer

Congrats sir, same here Strada GLS, 2.5 Quartz Brown Metallic...

My odo 800km... we've gone to manaoag and la union for its break in and blessing. I found it very smooth and stable at NLEX and SCTEX, and very quick in overtaking just like I'm using gas engine, but I didnt run it very fast yet just like you did, my top speed was 120kph but that was just very short.

Overall my finding is satisfactory

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    *mar38 - sir ang fuel consumption if city driving ranges from 5-6km/L that's if you change your gears before it reaches the 2000rpm mark..if above 2000rpm every change gear mo it will range from 3-5km/L..in long distance trips, kung medyo smooth sailing trip lang at di gaanong overtake aabot ng 10-11.9km/L..if kaskasero mode nasa 8-9km/L lang sya..

by the way, is it true that Toyota Fortuner 2.5 could reach its fuel consumption up to 19km/L???

*shadow3616931 - wow sir, kambal.hehehe congrats din.:-) lapit na rin pala 1000km service yan sir..nung nagpaservice ako the casa suggested a synthetic oil para pagdating daw ng 5k kms kahit di na raw change oil ok pa rin daw...pansin ko rin sir everytime magovertake ako and the tacho reaches 3000rpm parang sumisipa sya..di na kelangan maglow-gear..sir, wag patakbo ng mabilis if di ka talaga sanay..hirap madisgrasya sa ganong speed..nagkataon lang sir na straight at wala gaanong tao sa lugar kaya ako nakaabot ng 160kph. but atleast our strada could reach that speed and stable pa rin...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ingat lang when travelling that fast, kasi our vehicles are just a picj up, so the back is relatively light weight, sudden swerving at that spped will definitely lead to a tip over.adrving at that speed is ok, but pag biglang liko, naku patay na.....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wurmer View Post
    *mar38 - sir ang fuel consumption if city driving ranges from 5-6km/L that's if you change your gears before it reaches the 2000rpm mark..if above 2000rpm every change gear mo it will range from 3-5km/L..in long distance trips, kung medyo smooth sailing trip lang at di gaanong overtake aabot ng 10-11.9km/L..if kaskasero mode nasa 8-9km/L lang sya..

by the way, is it true that Toyota Fortuner 2.5 could reach its fuel consumption up to 19km/L???

*shadow3616931 - wow sir, kambal.hehehe congrats din.:-) lapit na rin pala 1000km service yan sir..nung nagpaservice ako the casa suggested a synthetic oil para pagdating daw ng 5k kms kahit di na raw change oil ok pa rin daw...pansin ko rin sir everytime magovertake ako and the tacho reaches 3000rpm parang sumisipa sya..di na kelangan maglow-gear..sir, wag patakbo ng mabilis if di ka talaga sanay..hirap madisgrasya sa ganong speed..nagkataon lang sir na straight at wala gaanong tao sa lugar kaya ako nakaabot ng 160kph. but atleast our strada could reach that speed and stable pa rin...
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    ingat lang when travelling that fast, kasi our vehicles are just a picj up, so the back is relatively light weight, sudden swerving at that spped will definitely lead to a tip over.adrving at that speed is ok, but pag biglang liko, naku patay na.....
    Yup I agree.... my strada is not meant for high speed cruising I'd rather use my fort... I'm planning to turn it into an offroader soon.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    *sir Wurmer, I hope you would mind if I use your thread "My 2010 Strada Experience" to share my own 2010 Strada GLS Experience.

After almost after 2 months since I got the unit and after the 1KM PM, it was time to break-in my Strada.

Last April 14, 2011, I made a long drive from Davao to Glan. I left Davao at about 5AM with my 2 sons and 3 of my relatives. It took me about 2.5 hours to get to Glan which was about 211 kms(Davao-Glan). The road were mostly flat and some short uphill. I think, I was running on an averaged of about 80+ kph and had some high speed of 120kph, 140kph and 150kph. The top speed I got from my Strada was about 150+ kph. It is different to do long drives today due to several motorcycles and tricycles. The difference I felt about the Strada that differ from my previous Mitsu. Adventure and Isuzu Highlander is the power of overtaking. It just like using a car. We had a short stay of one of the white sand beaches of Gumasa, Glan, Sarangani Province. About 12 noon, we left Glan and had lunch at Gensan. After lunch, it was a travel back to Davao. It took me about 436.9 total kms. run and arrive about 5pm. It was a 12 hours travel with about 4 hours of beach time and 1 hour lunch.

Last April 16, 2011, my family and some friends went on a weekend vacation at Datu Salumay, Marilog, Davao City. It is about 80+kms from Davao downtown area. The place is about 1,200 meters above sea level elevation. The temperature was about 18-21 degrees celcius. I had the chance to test the capability and strength of the Strada 4x4 at 4H on a rough road and 4L on a steep uphill and bad road going to the rest house.

My experience of the Strada; comfortable ride (all my passengers were sleeping soundly during our travel. I hear all their snores, hahaha!), smooth suspension (we never felt the bumps, from all the potholes on the road) and a powerful engine for a 2.5 (My Strada didn't fail me if someone tried to test the power, they all eat dust.), and overall the price was money worth.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    *vhronx
    Sir pa-share naman ng fuel consumption mo. thanks!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mar38 View Post
    *vhronx
    Sir pa-share naman ng fuel consumption mo. thanks!
    Sir, city driving about 9kms+/L.

Yung long drive ko to Glan since I was breaking in the unit, 11kms+/L. I think it's correct since I was putting it on quick high speed and sudden stop.

But, if I get a chance to have a long trip; I will check on it again on normal driving.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    just recently i installed a carryboy canopy on my strada 2.5 GLS and dang it is still fast. i still reach speed of up to 160kph not mentioning it still has more power to give..hehehe the only thing that hinders me is the road...recommendation anybody? hehehe

mga sirs, ask ko lang do you still go to mitsu casa for servicing after 5km? it's kinda expensive...does it affect the warranty of my strada? thanks

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wurmer View Post
    just recently i installed a carryboy canopy on my strada 2.5 GLS and dang it is still fast. i still reach speed of up to 160kph not mentioning it still has more power to give..hehehe the only thing that hinders me is the road...recommendation anybody? hehehe

mga sirs, ask ko lang do you still go to mitsu casa for servicing after 5km? it's kinda expensive...does it affect the warranty of my strada? thanks
    It will affect warranty and you don't need to post in several threads the same question.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
My 2010 Strada Experience