New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    just last month my family decided to purchase a brand new car for almost 2 months of searching in the web for a right pick-up for the family. we ended up buying this mitsubishi strada gls. very cool and spaceous interior. for me it's a classy pick-up truck in its new curve design.

just this weekend, my brother and i went back to Cagayan de Oro where we bought our first brand new car. it was due to its 1000 kms service. a day after, we went to davao city via bukidnon-davao road. but first we went to dahilayan camp in bukidnon. there we tested its 4x4 capability. at 4H the car went smoothly on rough terrains. i did a 60 kph over rough and bumpy terrain (of course i don't want to ruin our first car). we have some picture taking and we proceed to davao. upon seeing an opportunity of running at high-speed i tested it and it reached 130kph mark. that is when i saw a slow moving tricycle on the highways..tsk tsk. when i almost reached davao, i did a 160kph on a semi-flat highway and again i was slowed down by this motorcycle (habal-habal). i noticed that upon reaching 160kph the ride is still smooth and i think there is still more power from it. i even did a 70-90kph on moderate to sharp curves. my last high speed run was at 155kph on a flat highway. when i reached home i checked the truck and i noticed some squeaking sounds on the rear passenger door and rear suspension.

for me, mitsubishi strada is a nice, good looking, ***y pick-up truck in the market. very spaceous seats, comfortable ride, smooth suspension and a powerful engine for a 2.5, not to mention its semi-boom boom sound system hehehe. i only doubt on its durability. but overall the price is worthy.

by the way, is it normal to have some hairline scratches on the body during a long distance trip? if i'm wrong then maybe that stupid car wash did it.

and also i found out that rear window's use is for ventilation when someone farted inside the car..hehehe

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Congratulations with your new ride! and Welcome to Tsikot!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    congratulations sa new ride niyo sir. anong kulay?

yung samin na binili last year nagka-problem sa clutch eh, parang nasunog yung lining pero under warranty naman(medjo nainis nga lang dad ko nung una kasi ayaw iunder sa warranty).

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    *SiRbossR - thanks you.

*fullmetal - quartz brown sir. san location mo sir? member ka na ng TSCP? if not, san kaya tayo pwede?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    congrats on the new ride.

i don't think it's wise to be chucking your pick-up around corners at 90 kph, though. it could turn turtle due to the higher center of gravity (which is why SUVs aren't generally used for track racing).

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Congrats on your new ride! Yung squeaky sound, matatanggal yan ng casa, palagay lang ng silencer ata tawag doon.

Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    congrats on the new ride.

i don't think it's wise to be chucking your pick-up around corners at 90 kph, though. it could turn turtle due to the higher center of gravity (which is why SUVs aren't generally used for track racing).

You said it right bro! Mga iba kasi akala nila pangkarera pick up nila kaya harurot ng harurot kung sino sino na kinakarera sa daan kahit di naman sila pinapatulan! :rofl:

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    *voltscastillo - thank you sir. opo sir, next time i will not do overspeeding on curves. actually i was alarmed when i heard my tires squeaked as i drove on a sharp curved near a sloping cliff along davao-bukidnon road..hehehe i was just trying to abuse my car a bit so that i would know its full capacity..but then again no more..:D

*beni23 - nung kinuha namin sa casa before 1st 1000 kms service i hear some squeaking sound on the right rear suspension. but after that 160kph speed on sloping road, napansin ko nasa left rear suspension na naman sya. maybe mitsubishi aren't that durable at all but i hope i'm not right..i wish after my 5000kms service i will no longer hear some squeaking sounds.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wurmer View Post
    *voltscastillo - thank you sir. opo sir, next time i will not do overspeeding on curves. actually i was alarmed when i heard my tires squeaked as i drove on a sharp curved near a sloping cliff along davao-bukidnon road..hehehe i was just trying to abuse my car a bit so that i would know its full capacity..but then again no more..:D

*beni23 - nung kinuha namin sa casa before 1st 1000 kms service i hear some squeaking sound on the right rear suspension. but after that 160kph speed on sloping road, napansin ko nasa left rear suspension na naman sya. maybe mitsubishi aren't that durable at all but i hope i'm not right..i wish after my 5000kms service i will no longer hear some squeaking sounds.
    That squeaking sound does not affect the durability of the car. In fact, every 4 weeks bumabalik yung squeaking sound nung akin, since 2007 pa 'to. Minsan nakakatamad nang hilutin. Hehe.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    just last month my family decided to purchase a brand new car for almost 2 months of searching in the web for a right pick-up for the family. we ended up buying this mitsubishi strada gls. very cool and spaceous interior. for me it's a classy pick-up truck in its new curve design.

just this weekend, my brother and i went back to Cagayan de Oro where we bought our first brand new car. it was due to its 1000 kms service. a day after, we went to davao city via bukidnon-davao road. but first we went to dahilayan camp in bukidnon. there we tested its 4x4 capability. at 4H the car went smoothly on rough terrains. i did a 60 kph over rough and bumpy terrain (of course i don't want to ruin our first car). we have some picture taking and we proceed to davao. upon seeing an opportunity of running at high-speed i tested it and it reached 130kph mark. that is when i saw a slow moving tricycle on the highways..tsk tsk. when i almost reached davao, i did a 160kph on a semi-flat highway and again i was slowed down by this motorcycle (habal-habal). i noticed that upon reaching 160kph the ride is still smooth and i think there is still more power from it. i even did a 70-90kph on moderate to sharp curves. my last high speed run was at 155kph on a flat highway. when i reached home i checked the truck and i noticed some squeaking sounds on the rear passenger door and rear suspension.

for me, mitsubishi strada is a nice, good looking, ***y pick-up truck in the market. very spaceous seats, comfortable ride, smooth suspension and a powerful engine for a 2.5, not to mention its semi-boom boom sound system hehehe. i only doubt on its durability. but overall the price is worthy.

by the way, is it normal to have some hairline scratches on the body during a long distance trip? if i'm wrong then maybe that stupid car wash did it.

and also i found out that rear window's use is for ventilation when someone farted inside the car..hehehe
    - 1st hand experience ba? puwede rin gamitin kung may nag-yoyosi sa likd at ayaw mo ibaba yung side windows kasi baka masira hairdo. hehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    *SiRbossR - thanks you.

*fullmetal - quartz brown sir. san location mo sir? member ka na ng TSCP? if not, san kaya tayo pwede?
    pampanga kami sir, di ako kasama sa TSCP kasi di sa akin yung strada sa parents ko wow quartz brown, type ng tatay ko yan kaso nung kumuha kami wala pang ganyang kulay. color red yung samin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
My 2010 Strada Experience