New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My 2010 Montero is near its 40,000 km reading. One of the heavy PMS duties is Automatic Transmission Fluid change. I was informed by the service advisor that it has an A/T filter and it must be replaced every 40,000 kms together with the A/T fluid. I need your expert opinions on this.

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by roydok; February 3rd, 2012 at 08:12 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Correct yun Bro. kailangan talaga palitan. Pero kung nagtitipid ka, palinis mo muna yung filter, inspect mo kung walang butas then gamitin mo ulit till the next 40K.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    after sometime, nagkakaroon din kasi ng sludge/mud deposit yung a/t pan so kelangan talaga ibaba yan to have the filter changed including the a/t fluid itself... mura lang naman yung filter hindi siguro lalagpas ng 1.5k AFAIK. better have a new filter plus new a/t fluid for peace of mind... prevention is better than cure kasabihan nga... buhay ng a/t transmission ang malinis na a/t fluid.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    My 2010 Montero is near its 40,000 km reading. One of the heavy PMS duties is Automatic Transmission Fluid change. I was informed by the service advisor that it has an A/T filter and it must be replaced every 40,000 kms together with the A/T fluid. I need your expert opinions on this.

Thank you very much.
    Sir whats your engine? 2.5 or 3.2?

Montero A/T Filter Change Interval?