New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 393 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    If my memory serves me right, total oil needed is around 6.3 liters. If your budget would allow synthetic oil is best. Otherwise just choose any brand that fits your budget with a minimum API CD spec (CI-4, CI-4 Plus, CJ-4 are best in ascending order) and a multigrade viscosity SAE 15W-40. Shy away from using monograde viscosity oils like SAE30 or 40.

Thanks..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by csungajr View Post
    I just got my Montero Sport GLX 2.5 Non-VGT AT vehicle. There are a lot of positive sides but one negative side is that it seems to lose power when negotiating an uphill specially if your coming from a full stop. It sometimes feel that it would die on me.

Anyone ever experience this before? Appreciate sharing your experience.
    Hi,

I believe we are having the same experience. I got a Monty GLX Non-VGT Manual transmission. I believe the reason for having a slow acceleration is that the turbo is not activated at that time and GLX is non-VGT. I am bit adjusting because I am used to driving a gas engine car (Chevrolet) and I can totally feel the difference when accelerating at low gear. I am not sure if casa would have another way of improving that.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Uy a specific thread for non- vgt, like!

Just got mine last Thursday, Savannah white, 2013 GLX AT. I will be writing my FR once I use it on slex or nlex.

First thing to do is activate the GPS. I already tried taking off the HU cover & hindi naman pala mahirap, medyo ingat lang sa pagsungkit. Problema lang is yung pagkopya ng software from other sd, then update sa ver 2.3.

Sino na sa inyo nakapag-activate ng gps? Pakopya naman?
    Hi Bogart,

Ask ko lang Sir, paano mo tinanggal yong HU cover mo? I've been wanting to activate my GPS but i do not know how to remove the head unit cover.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ash0279 View Post
    Just completed by Northeastern Luzon run this week. 2000+ km (Bacoor->Ballesteros Cagayan->Santiago City->Subic->Bacoor) clocked in, with average 16km/L on Petron Dieselmax. (GLX Non-VGT, MT)

- Turbo lag indeed happens most of the time, pero since MT, I was able to compensate it with shifting to 3rd gear if I need to overtake while running between 40-60 kph. Once RPM gets between 2.2-2.5k , the sweet turbo whine rings out and I can now go to higher gear as appropriate.
    - For uphill climbs, I am very much satisfied. From a crawling or even dead stop 1st gear everything seems working fine as expected. ( Perfect scenario when tailing the trucks piled up climbing at Dalton Pass zigzag road and overtaking from 1 truck to another in the queue.)
    - Hard suspension issue finally broken-in, unlike the 1st 1k kms, where I literally bounce from my seat driving through rough roads. My ideal tire pressure PSI is at 29(front) and 32(rear).
    - TOTAL CAVEAT: Driver seat, including front passenger seat really NOT ERGONOMIC. My lower back suffered lots of pains during the long drive. I think this is mainly due to the lack of good lumbar support design on the seat + hard cushion for the head rest.. (baseline=CR-V Gen1)
    Hi ,

Coming from a full stop, is it advisable to bypass 1st gear and go directly to 2nd gear instead? From what i experienced, coming from a full stop, then shift to 1st gear, acceleration is very slow. At what RPM do you shift gear?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by joey_tuason View Post
    Hi Bogart,

Ask ko lang Sir, paano mo tinanggal yong HU cover mo? I've been wanting to activate my GPS but i do not know how to remove the head unit cover.
    Sir,

Nasa 2012 Monterosport thread yung video, di ko na matandaan kung saang page eh. O kaya search mo sa youtube.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi Bogart,

Montero sport gtv - YouTube

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Hi Guys new here. I just purchased Savana white monty AT Non VGT 2013 Model. Still waiting for my unit to be released in Casa.
    Experience. i had a good nego and offer.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Worth it ba ang 2013 GLX model? This is on our list, pero parang puro GLS model yung nakikita ko sa daan. is it good or bad?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi ,

Coming from a full stop, is it advisable to bypass 1st gear and go directly to 2nd gear instead? From what i experienced, coming from a full stop, then shift to 1st gear, acceleration is very slow. At what RPM do you shift gear?
    hi bro, definitely not adviseable to bypass 1st fear, though kaya kung kaya dahil malakas torque natin.. ganito nalang, when coming from a dead-stop, tapos medyo downhill ka sensing the vehicle can move forward on its own,, then you can bypass the 1st gear and gun it forward w/ the 2nd gear.
    bale tried and tested ko w/ my glx mt from dead-stop level road = 1st gear, dont release the clutch fully, and by the time it gains momentum at 2k RPM, shift immediately to 2nd gear,,, suwabe, turbo kicks in and voila 3rd gear kana.

caution: not releasing the clutch fully while gaining momentum at 1st gear requires a lot of practice sa "pagtantiya", so as not to introduce unwanted wear & tear sa clutch system.. disadvantage kasi when doing a quick launch is you get jerky differential if clutch is fully released at 1st gear, then clutch in again for 2nd gear..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by undercover View Post
    Worth it ba ang 2013 GLX model? This is on our list, pero parang puro GLS model yung nakikita ko sa daan. is it good or bad?
    definitely yes for me (call me bias as glx owner ) -- isipin mo nalang, you get the base model and later upgrade as your budget becomes available. as long as hindi ka naman particular sa power difference ng non-vgt vs. VGT.. besides, majority pa rin naman ng tao are non-car enthusiast and they cannot easily pinpoint differences between the trims, ika nga - a montero sport is a montero sport for the common eye.

Montero Sport GLX 2.5 Non-VGT Owners