New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    guys need help choosing between this two...is your 100k additional really worthy choosing GLS-V a/t from GLX non VGT? same lang ba sila sa fuel consumption? thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    i think 150k ang difference. aside sa VGT, may mga features ang GLS-V na wala sa non-vgt

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    sir sa fuel consumption same lang ba sila? thanks

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    sabi nila VGT daw mas matipid, pero parang hindi rin nagkakalayo.

if i were you bro, pag medyo tipid tipid ka, non-vgt na. kung mas malakas ang FC nya sa VGT, konti lang ang difference for sure. besides, 150k ang natipid mo. db?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is 177 horsepower worth the extra cost? For daily use, probably not.

I'm satisfied with how the non vgt drives already.

But yes, there are other added features to separate VGT from non-VGT so you have to weigh that also.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    150k Difference is already a small amount compared to what you're getting with the VGT Montero.
    Last edited by SiRbossR; July 28th, 2012 at 04:37 AM. Reason: *in to *is. typo

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    salamat mga sir sa comments...in my case more on city driving lang sya so this VGT technology is not applicable for me in terms of "power"..as of now wala pang complain sa VGT..but for me VGT is very sophisticated...in terms of FC topgear.com said GLS-V averagely travels 13.5km/L so i presumed that GLX non VGT a/t travels 12km/L...so 1.5km/L lang ung diffirence..assuming lang po..if i will do the math...in 100,000 km sa 38php/L of diesel...you could save 35,200 pesos for this VGT...in terms of FC...but for additional HP worthy talaga sya...sabihin na nating 100k ung price ng VGT...in your conclusion cost effective ba talaga and VGT? god speed :-)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Ganito nlng sir, if you want, look at the extra features para mas madalian ka if sulit ang 100k plus the VGT. Hahaha. Naka GPS, 5 A/T, spare tire cover, cruise control, audio control sa steering wheel, chrome ang side mirrors and door handles. What else?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by marlonyoingco View Post
    salamat mga sir sa comments...in my case more on city driving lang sya so this VGT technology is not applicable for me in terms of "power"..as of now wala pang complain sa VGT..but for me VGT is very sophisticated...in terms of FC topgear.com said GLS-V averagely travels 13.5km/L so i presumed that GLX non VGT a/t travels 12km/L...so 1.5km/L lang ung diffirence..assuming lang po..if i will do the math...in 100,000 km sa 38php/L of diesel...you could save 35,200 pesos for this VGT...in terms of FC...but for additional HP worthy talaga sya...sabihin na nating 100k ung price ng VGT...in your conclusion cost effective ba talaga and VGT? god speed :-)
    On real driving conditions, FC for the vgt monty is 8-9 km/liter on the city, 12-13 km/liter on the highway. Economy driving na po ito. I dont know the FC of the non-vgt monty but I think it would be close. Its hard to get an accurate comparison on FC since driving habits and driving conditions are never really the same unless a test is done on a controlled environment.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    If you can afford it, go with the VGT na. The additional 40+ horsepower is a big difference on a car's performance. Plus, 5A/T pa instead of 4 A/T on the non VGT. Sulit na ang 100k mo even just on those two upgraded features. The other additional upgraded features are already bonuses. For me, buying a car is a major purchase and I tend to keep my car for a long time. You have to really be happy and contended with what you buy. It really sucks paying the monthly payments for something you are not really happy with... as long as you can afford it of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast