New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    That's their problem not ours. Relax lang.

One reason na konti lang Lancer ngayon eh dahil 2.0 lang displacement nila. That's why you see more 1.6 Mazda 3s than 2.0s. (I've been comparing it on the streets since I own a 2.0 MZD3.) Kaya nga hindi SUV o luxury car bibilhin nila dahil gusto nila ng mababa kumonsumo ng gas diba. Unless looks and sporty ang gusto mo, 'di Lancer EX na.

Well one advantage I see for us Lancer EX users eh we're driving something unique. Hindi common.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Its actually a good tactic as lowing the retail price would lower its resale value.

The same is widespread on electronic items (LCDs, Computers, Cameras, etc.) i.e. you don't lower the price outright but offer a "discount".

The only thing is that brokers would still insist on using the original retail price if you have your quotation taken. I just recently had mine taken 3 different times (Megamall, MOA and in SM Taytay) and all used the "old" price. When asked about the discount they would sheepishly say "ay o sige sir bigyan ko kayo discount". One wonders why a broker is needed in the first place, i wish i could go straight to the dealer.

The only time a broker factored in the discount without my asking was when i had a quote from an online store in sulit (horizon cars).

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    agree ako kay sir tidus.

a 1.3m peso lancer or even if it were a 1.3m civic or 1.3m corolla would be a hard sell. at this piont in time first thing that comes to my mind is masyadong mahal naman ata even after the fact that you consider that a substansial discount is being offered. I would question at least in the back of my mind if it was really worth that much in the first place rather than feel: "wow I saved 150k's.

auto marketing... Go figure

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Moreover, if you buy a sedan, people know that it is not that expensive compared to SUV. so walang appeal yung marketing ploy na "kapag lancer mahal". They know it is still a sedan eh.

Sa dami ng ng MS at Fort, isip ng tao hindi na rin ito kamahalan. Yung Prado, Paj, Patrol Royale etc pataas and the european brand yung ala, nilang mahal.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    i think most of the car companies does this especially when the car is being replaced by a newer model

bottom line, whether you lower the srp or increase the discount, our cars will still depreciate. when i see a big discount, it just means that the item i slow moving and the seller wants to get rid of its stocks.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
    That's their problem not ours. Relax lang.

One reason na konti lang Lancer ngayon eh dahil 2.0 lang displacement nila. That's why you see more 1.6 Mazda 3s than 2.0s. (I've been comparing it on the streets since I own a 2.0 MZD3.) Kaya nga hindi SUV o luxury car bibilhin nila dahil gusto nila ng mababa kumonsumo ng gas diba. Unless looks and sporty ang gusto mo, 'di Lancer EX na.

Well one advantage I see for us Lancer EX users eh we're driving something unique. Hindi common.

I agree...kanya kanyang diskarte lang sa sales yun eh..kung talagang bad sales strategy ginawa ng mitsu, wala ka na sanang nakikitang lancer sa street ngayun..nasa buyer pa rin kasi decision..kahit gaano pa kamahal yung isang sasakyan, may discount man o wala, kapag gusto nung tao, bibilhin nya.

Kung mura lang lahat ang gusto ng tao, lahat ng kotse na makikita mo sa daan yung murang kotse nalang..pero hindi eh, kasi may mga taong nakaka afford ng mas mahal na sasakyan, mas mahal pa sa discounted na price ng sasakyan ng mitsu..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The one reason kaya konti ang Lancer EX kasi Cash price lang ang discount. Eh most of Filipinos opt to have their car financed. Masyado kasi masakit sa bulsa pag binayaran ng buo ang kotse.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post
    The one reason kaya konti ang Lancer EX kasi Cash price lang ang discount. Eh most of Filipinos opt to have their car financed. Masyado kasi masakit sa bulsa pag binayaran ng buo ang kotse.
    I beg to differ and the discount is also available for the financing. I purchased from Mitsubishi last month and got financing through the bank and the discount can either be deducted from the downpayment. Lets say the car retails for 1M and the discount is 100K and you want to make a downpayment of 50%. Amount financed will be the same at 500K and you pay the dealer 400K net. Another way to apply the discunt is subtracting it from the overall price. Same example the car that retails for 1M and when the discount is applied the net selling price becomes 900K so if you want to make a dp of 50% the dp is reduced from 500K to 450k

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    double post

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Grabe is the Lancer EX really struggling sales wise? Ibang klase yung discounts nya... Its a good deal from a buyers perspective, pero one starts to question how much trouble they are in...

I assume that "10MY" means model year 2010, which would explain the fat discounting. This sounds like a "fire sale" to dispose of last year's stock.

But if someone reeeaaally wants a Lancer, then now seems to be a good time to buy it. He/she just has to remember that the model year (2010) appears on the LTO CR, so it won't jive with the date of the CR (March 2011).

Cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Mitsubishi's Pricing & Marketing for the Lancer EX