New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Grabe is the Lancer EX really struggling sales wise? Ibang klase yung discounts nya... Its a good deal from a buyers perspective, pero one starts to question how much trouble they are in...

Last edited by ghosthunter; March 5th, 2011 at 04:23 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Grabe is the Lancer EX really struggling sales wise? Ibang klase yung discounts nya... Its a good deal from a buyers perspective, pero one starts to question how much trouble they are in...
    Actually, its not struggling sales...before, lancer ex were CBU japan, now the parts were made from japan and the whole unit constructed here in PH...kaya lumaki discount ng lancer.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Then just lower the MSRP, why pose it as a discount? First impressions last. If a potential buyer does not see that price list and relies only on the website or magazines (where the discount is not published) then mukang mahal than it should be... Then you lose...

Bad marketing IMO.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    imo maganda nga na ipinopost nila as discount eh, syempre sa isip ng buyers makakamura sila at sa tingin nila limited time lang kaya mapapabili talaga. parang sa sub-conscious ang pagtira

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ +1 kay tidius. A lowered MSRP would be better off since it will give the perception of "value for money/bang for the buck proposal" which the Strada and MS is currently known for kaya maganda din talaga sales. Wala naman problem sa looks, reliability and performance.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Then just lower the MSRP, why pose it as a discount? First impressions last. If a potential buyer does not see that price list and relies only on the website or magazines (where the discount is not published) then mukang mahal than it should be... Then you lose...

Bad marketing IMO.
    Baka habol nila yun "uy, Lancer EX GT-A! Mahal yan!" initial impressions.. (for people who do not know the EX discounts)

Just the other side of the coin

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well too bad I think their marketing startegy is not good that is why the Lancer EX is not selling very well... They sound more desperate to me by offering huge discounts. It cheapens the product. Might as well lower the MSRP and tell the market this is my real price...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    True. Based on SRP, I would go get a Hyundai Sonata non-Premium and fork out 90k more.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sell the 6 yr old Grandis Model for 999,000 php and I'll get that instead of the 1.4M G. Starex

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I agree. car buyers will be turned off when they see the 1.3million price tag.

tapos pag nakita mo naman na 150,000 pesos yung discount, mapapaisip ka na ang pangit siguro ng kotseng ito kaya kailangan bigyan ng malaking dicount para lang mabenta nila.

eh kung nilagay nalang nila na 1.14M lang tlga ang presyo mas okay pa siguro ang sales ng GTA

epic fail for mitsu's marketing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mitsubishi's Pricing & Marketing for the Lancer EX