New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Baka parang sa 2.0L yung 1.6L

For the 2.0L GLS (AT) body-colored handles and side mirror.
    For the 2.0L GLX (MT) black lang.

1.6L AT kasi naka-display eh.

Oo. Itim na itim nga sa loob. Hehe. Isa pang ayoko walang CDL button. Dapat yun ang meron eh, hirap isara ng switch sa door handle, unlike pag button pindutin mo nalang.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by babynos01 View Post
    Saw a unit of Lancer Ex 1.6 GLX 4-A/T at Mall of Asia today c/o Peak Motors Roaxas Boulevard.
    Impressed naman ako sa labas. 4 wheel Discs. No fogs if I remember it right.
    I did not see the stock rims since modified yung sa display unit nila.

However, im dissapointed sa loob.
    1. hindi siya naka steptronic. P R N D 3 2 1.
    2. sidings. lahat black. hindi man lang nilagyan ng contrast. though if may cf sticker, it would look great naman.
    GLX ung walang fogs.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Oo. Itim na itim nga sa loob. Hehe. Isa pang ayoko walang CDL button. Dapat yun ang meron eh, hirap isara ng switch sa door handle, unlike pag button pindutin mo nalang.
    Wala syang CDL button? Ouch! Parang Montero lang. Kailangan mo pang mag unlock and lock to make sure na locked lahat ng doors.

Nung nakita ni erpats kanina, medyo nagandahan siya. Fogs nalang talaga kulang haha.
    Nevermind the headlight automatic ek-ek ).

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    19 is probably doable, depending on e gear ratio, but 21 will require some really really really good driving.
    Is it for real--21 km/l ??
    be ready Mitsubishi--

insidelane.com
    Consumer Group Sues Hyundai Over Elantra MPG Claims
    SANTA MONICA, California — Hyundai is the target of a lawsuit alleging that its claims of 40 mpg for the 2011 and 2012 Elantra misled consumers. The carmaker also failed to follow Federal Trade Commission regulations that require fuel economy disclosures, claims a lawsuit filed in Sacramento by Santa Monica-based Consumer Watchdog and the law firm of Cuneo Gilbert and LaDuca, LLP.

In a statement, Hyundai says that the case has "no merit," and that the company's advertising complies with the law.

The named plaintiff in the suit is Louis Bird, a Roseville, California man who says that he bought a 2011 Elantra after seeing ads for it and that the 40 mpg claim was "a material factor" in his buying decision. He is getting 33 mpg on the highway and is averaging 29.92 mpg in the car, far short of what he expected, according to the suit.

"At one point, Bird was told that he would start to see the advertised rates once his Elantra was 'broken in' and had reached 10,000-15,000 miles," the lawsuit says. "Bird has driven approximately 25,000 miles and there has been no improvement in fuel economy. Bird is very frustrated and would have purchased a different car if Hyundai's advertisements had not led him to believe that the car would eventually get the 40 highway as advertised."

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DMZ View Post
    be ready Mitsubishi--

insidelane.com
    SANTA MONICA, California — Hyundai is the target of a lawsuit alleging that its claims of 40 mpg for the 2011 and 2012 Elantra misled consumers. The carmaker also failed to follow Federal Trade Commission regulations that require fuel economy disclosures, claims a lawsuit filed in Sacramento by Santa Monica-based Consumer Watchdog and the law firm of Cuneo Gilbert and LaDuca, LLP.

In a statement, Hyundai says that the case has "no merit," and that the company's advertising complies with the law.

The named plaintiff in the suit is Louis Bird, a Roseville, California man who says that he bought a 2011 Elantra after seeing ads for it and that the 40 mpg claim was "a material factor" in his buying decision. He is getting 33 mpg on the highway and is averaging 29.92 mpg in the car, far short of what he expected, according to the suit.

"At one point, Bird was told that he would start to see the advertised rates once his Elantra was 'broken in' and had reached 10,000-15,000 miles," the lawsuit says. "Bird has driven approximately 25,000 miles and there has been no improvement in fuel economy. Bird is very frustrated and would have purchased a different car if Hyundai's advertisements had not led him to believe that the car would eventually get the 40 highway as advertised."
    What is the driving style & condition in this particular case? Baka naman hataw hataw ang highway speed nya.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DMZ View Post
    be ready Mitsubishi--

insidelane.com

Driving style plays a big factor in fuel economy.

The only truly lacking car in terms of claimed versus real economy in the US was the Civic Hybrid... and only because the fuel economy got worse when they reflashed it to cure battery problems... a fact that Honda acknowledged by changing the fuel economy ratings after the reflash. It thus became a case wherein the delivered product really wasn't the same product that was tested.

Customers in the US should be forced to sign a waiver stating that they understand fuel economy is highly dependent on driving style and speed. The US EPA test is done at relatively sedate speeds, thus 40 mpg (17 km/l) is relatively easy. Hell... I've done that much in an Elantra... just stick to 80 km/h, and if your drive is long enough, you can hit somewhere between 18-20. but those yokels in the US expect the car to stay at that 17 km/l no matter how fast they drive. 29 mpg is 12 km/l. If you're driving at typical US highway speeds (about 75 mph or 120 km/h), 12 km/l is about right.

That guy is a dumbass. He's going to lose the case, but he's going to make the lawyers very, very, very rich.

-

Mitsubishi's numbers were likely achieved on the highway at a low set speed. At a steady 60-80 km/h, the extra weight (and 1250 kgs is not a lot of weight) over, say, a Ford Fiesta, doesn't matter as much as the aerodynamics... a Ford Fiesta can do well over 20 on the highway at around 70 km/h. But for average drivers who do 80 km/h and above and don't use pulse techniques and hill coasting techniques? I'm betting the car will top out at around 16-17 (for the manual).

Sadly, we don't have anything resembling EPA certification, and if a manufacturer achieves a number in an eco-run, they can honestly say that the car actually did reach that economy number. Something that I'll be happy to try and replicate when we get a tester.
    Last edited by niky; July 17th, 2012 at 09:54 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    May nakita na ako na Lancer Cedia Taxi. Sayang di ko lang napicturan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok yung Lancer na ito medyo sporty siya tingnan para sa akin.Pero sayang gusto ko pa naman yung 2.0L engine Php 1M + na siya ngayon.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    nakakita ako ng ganito sa Edsa kanina, ewan sobrang bare pala yan MT, it looks big pero looks cheap and boxy eh. White na yun. Mukhang kelangan pa I-dress up toh.

pag sa sedan pala, kahit I-resurrect mo ang boxy look parang hopeless case na. Mas maganda na talaga ang mga fluidic sedans. sa SUV kse ok LNG eh parang timeless ang boxy exterior

To each his own. What looks good to others may not look good to you. I for one prefer the boxy design than the feministic fluid design. But hey, that's just me.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
    To each his own. What looks good to others may not look good to you. I for one prefer the boxy design than the feministic fluid design. But hey, that's just me.
    agree 100% brod. on my case, never been a fan of compact sedans, as i opted to get a 10yr old cr-v 3yrs ago, then to finance a new compact sedan..long story short, its just now that i fell in-live with one -- Fortis 1.6 , almost sold my V to serve as downpayment but decided to keep it and save for next year to finally get this dreamcar.

OT: with all due respect to "pop3corn", i now understand kung bakit ganun ang way ng constructive criticism niya rito.. checked his other posts and found out he owns several hyundai units.. peace

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Saw an actual unit earlier * Megamall. 1.6L 5AT

First impression, pretty good. Pareho lang itsura niya sa 2.0 EX GLS.

HU is 2-din LCD. Spare tire is steel. All-power. Lahat similar sa 2.0 GLS, ang nagkaiba lang ata is the engine. Di ko nakita if may foglamps.

It's spacious inside, and it looks pretty expensive too considering the price.

Speaking of, eto talaga pinaka-ok sa package -- YUNG PRICE.

For the first 300 buyers you can get one for below 800k. Yes, below 800k.

1.6L MT -- 750k after discounts.
    1.6L AT -- 795k after discounts.

IMO, sa ngayon eto na pinakasulit na 1.6L compact sedan.

---

However, sobrang BS talaga ng CASA. Claimed fuel consumption is 19km/L * a constant speed of 90km/h for the AT and 21km/L * a constant speed of 90km/h as well.

It's not even believable. Siguro pwede kung controlled environment.

looks like di'ba nag-gain ground ang murang Lancer, meron na Kia Forte na A/T at 828K, pano pa kaya manual eto

mas maporma etong Kia compared to this boxy Mitsu

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345