New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 489 of 492 FirstFirst ... 389439479485486487488489490491492 LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 4920
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    i used to own a Strada of the same montero sua model.
    Similar height nga yung Accelerator and Brake pedal. But if you are used to driving automatics dapat masasanay ka nun.

The problem i experienced with my unit and i think inherit in the design of the montero/strada is that if you put in aftermarket mats especially those thick 3M or rubber/weather proof mats it causes the pedals can get stuck.
    Happened to me twice after which i totally removed any mats in the drivers floor area. kaya madumi talaga yung drivers floor area nung Strada ko before.
    Dahil sa gumagalaw yung mats kasi hindi naka-anchor gaya ng OEM or talagang kahit maayos pagkakalagay eh na-stuck? OEM kasi yung sa office eh kaya wala kami experience hehe

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Speaking of mats, eto ung gamit ko. The gas pedal of the X3 is anchored to the floor, so hopefully the mat doesnt slip and push on the pedal. 20230222_165217.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Lahat na yata ng newer cars ngayon either may anchor or nka velcro ang floor mats

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    At the height of the "monstero" mania, I remember speed lab's ferman lao giving the same advice as the guest triple AAA expert at the end of this news bit.

https://youtu.be/yH91fHMcmEQ

Btw, what car was the EMT driving? I can no longer make it out.

Sent from my RMX3690 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by baludoy; February 23rd, 2023 at 07:55 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    At the height of the "monstero" mania, I remember speed lab's ferman lao giving the same advice as the guest triple AAA expert at the end of this news bit.

https://youtu.be/yH91fHMcmEQ

Btw, what car was the EMT driving? I can no longer make it out.

Sent from my RMX3690 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    It was an old 2005-2009 Ford Mustang. It does "SUA" up to 110 MPH.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Dahil sa gumagalaw yung mats kasi hindi naka-anchor gaya ng OEM or talagang kahit maayos pagkakalagay eh na-stuck? OEM kasi yung sa office eh kaya wala kami experience hehe
    May OEM ats in the first few years ng Montero dito sa PH na walang butas to hook/secure to floor. 2011 Montero na lumabas is meron na sure. pero di ko alam 2010 and earlier kung kelan nagsimula yung may butas na floor mats kasama OEM. Meron din after market pa din na for sale hanggng ngayon na walang butas kahit sa mga lazada shoppee.

Not a fan for velcro securing mechanism for floor mats to carpet. Overtime maiipunan yun ng debris sigurado and di na din kakapit ng maayos. Or, yung iba, meron nga butas, after tinanggal to clean the mats, di din binbalik to secure yung matting sa hook na nakaabang. hehe!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the 2009 toyota "floormat recall" went on and involved up to some of their 2011 models.
    fastened or removed driver side floormats followed shortly after.

lazada aftermarkets and other aftermarkets, sometimes may not conform to current oem.

i tried DIY velcro on my 1997 besta's mats.
    and yes, they got sabotaged by dirt.
    ginapos ko na lang yung mats to the seats' tubings.

my personal experience with potential SUA via disloged car mats,
    was when mine snaked forward and folded under the break pedal.
    i couldn't press the pedal deep enough as a result.
    buti na lang, we were going slow, on a wide, deserted road, and i had a handy handbreak...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    a little ot but i posted about this last December kung tama pagka-aalala ko

https://twitter.com/SawyerMerritt/st...523522561?s=20

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    2011 or later units ng Montero should have already come with holes on the floor mats to anchor and be "fixed" in position sa floor.
    mine was a 2008 Strada Glx M/t

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Yes, gumagalaw yung mats na aftermarket.
    i can't remember kung may holes na siya but paranag wala.
    i bought aftermarket 3M mats kasi the pickup was also being used for work and hauling stuff.
    once the clutch was stuck and another time the accelerator thou luckly mababawa lang and hindi malalim yung apak. it seem to get stuck at the right side wall and floor of the accelerator pedal. Main Culprit for me was the 3M mat kaya tinangal ko siya pati yung oem na rin.
    Mind you this was way before any SUA was happening.

Mitsubishi Montero Sudden Acceleration Accidents [MERGED]