New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene emmanuel View Post
    yung L200 namin, nabili namin nasa 225000kms na ang odometer reading,
    ganda parin manakbo..hindi hardstart at matipid din sa diesel...

nag mark ako dati ng 15kms/ltr up to 17 kms/ltr sa highway driving..sa ct nasa 12-13 kms/ltr..yun nung naka stock na tires pa (205R14c)

nung nagpalit ako ng mgs and tires, 235/75R15, bumaba kms/ltr ko to 14 kms/ltr ang hiway at 10-11 kms/ltr ang ct..

tanging comment ko lang, sobrang bagal lalo na sa acceleration...top speed ko 120kph, pero napakahabang bwelo na nun bago ko narating ang speed na yun..naki pag karerahan nga ako sa L300 versa van, naka 4d56 N/A din, sa 2 lane 1 direction road...tagal naming nagpantay halos d ako makalusot..
    bumubusina na yung altis sa likod namin kc d sya maka overtake samin kc ocupied namin ang 2 lanes..hehe..sabi nya cguro, nagkarera pa tong 2 mabagal...hehe

anyway, d naman meant for speed ang L200...
    its a very reliable work horse..
    easy to mentain,parts are cheap and readily available on most auto supplies.
    and is economical runner..

lyked to share some of my work horse' photos..here are some...

i replaced my console back light with a neon flourescent lamp...liwanag..cool tingnan...kaso medyo masakit sa mata pag tagal.hehe..
    kahit sa pic pa lang boss e masakit na sa mata..hehe....any brake issues lately mga l200 pips? esp the brake rotors? d pa ba ubos rotors nyo? any shop you recommend that supplies those parts?

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    sir miked,

hindi naman po dapat nauubos ang brake rotors dba, but the brake pads or linings...

sa casa sir, any auto supply or mga surplusan meron nyan...napaka daling hanapan parts ang L200.. pwede rin ipa reface nyo sa machine shop...

yung L200 ko nga, naitakbo ng byenan ko na naka hand brake pa pala...mga 3 kms din tinakbo...6 persons pa karga...kayang kaya ng makina...hehehe... d nya rin napansin na nakapula pa pla ang handbrake indicator sa dash...d ko rin nakita kc nasa likod kami pumwesto..sarap kc mag strolling sa probinsya na nasa likod ng pick up...pero napansin ko na parang malakas ugong ng makina...disregarded ko rin kc sabi ko bka naninibago lang sya sa pag apak ng silinyador..ayun pla tumatakbo kaming naka hand brake...
    awa ng Diyos, d naman nag crack ang drum brake sa init..kinabukasan pina check ko agad sa mekaniko, ok pa naman ang drum brake pati brake linings...plano ko nga mag tap ng small horn sa handbrake indicator para may audible warning ang handbrake...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Good day to tsikoteers and to my proud co-L200 owners!!! I'm glad to see a thread about the L200 box type. For several years now i must admit i have planned of selling mine so that i can buy a new truck (you know a lot of new attractive pickup truck models came out) but always when it was time for me to make the decision...it was to keep it. My L200 is a 1997 4X2 model. Not fast and no power amenities. But it is reliable and relatively cheap and easy to maintain because the spare parts are readily available in most auto supply shops. It has a large (if not the largest in it's class) cargo bed for hauling purposes which is a major consideration when choosing trucks. For people who are on a budget and would like to have a pickup truck either as a second car or for utility service, i would still recommend an L200 box type. I can still see myself and my truck together for a number of years to come...

Just to share some pictures of my L200 i named "Lifesaver"...

Hope you like it!!!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    ^Good looking pick up sir

Ganda at m
    ukang alaga nyo talaga.

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    sir instech,

NICE!!!!

bukod pa sa easy to maintain, parts are cheap and readily available,
    free pa sya sa mga numerous crdi problems...
    d nga lang kasing powerful ng mga modern diesel engines..but it can surely do the job it was meant for.

for keeps talaga sir..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    *eugene emmanuel and airjason...Thank you for the comments. Yes my L200 pickup truck is always in good condition because the PM sked has been followed. Nowadays it does not have to be serviced at the casa. There's a workshop nearby our place where i send my truck for maintenance and repair and fortunately they have an L200 as well so they are familiar with the vehicle. There are some checks and repairs that i do myself like testing and replacement of the glow plugs which is a very important circuit in a diesel engine's ignition system. Cleaning of the whole exhaust system was made easy for me by installing a tap for water hose connection just after the exhaust manifold. Flushing the whole exhaust system is now very simple (as the 4D56 engine normally produces a significant amount of smoke even with a calibrated fuel injection pump) which, regularly done, can help in reducing the black smoke coming out of the muffler. Like it was stated in one of the comments, there's not much good to say about the L200 box type but there's not much you can say bad about it either. It's one of those vehicles that ages gracefully, serves the owner well, and does the business that it was made for. It's truly a bang for the buck truck!!!

Some more photos of my L200...

More power to L200 box type owners out there!!!

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene emmanuel View Post
    sir miked,

hindi naman po dapat nauubos ang brake rotors dba, but the brake pads or linings...

sa casa sir, any auto supply or mga surplusan meron nyan...napaka daling hanapan parts ang L200.. pwede rin ipa reface nyo sa machine shop...
    Sir eugene,

rotors do get thinner but at a slower pace than the pads especially when you use semi-metallic pads which could eat up your rotors faster than an organic or ceramic. napabayaan dati ng first owner kaya nagsisilutangan lahat ng problems ng pipip ko ngayon. but it gives me experience and knowledge especially i'm a do-it-yourselfer. the hard part is, it keeps draining my account on repairs alone.

after my brake problems, radiator is next to go then cylinder head gasket then wait for what's next.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    up for L200 boxtype owners, hirap na maghanap ng mga surplus parts neto so if meron dito owner na baka may alam kung san makakuha please post thanks

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    you may try 4d55 (2.3 li) parts for the 4d56 (2.5 li).

same head gasket and valve seal..

for the cylinder heads, there are two types of 4d56 (A & B versions).

4d56A is a recessed valve while the 4d56B is a protruding valve (just like mine).
    be aware of this when doing repairs and replacement on valve trains.

AFAIK, the 4d55 (those from the delica-"do" vans...hehe) share the same cylinder heads with the 4d56... they have the same bore but with different stroke

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I once had 96 L200. Sold it...now I'm missing it. Very easy to maintain. Very fuel efficient and wont brake easy. Nice rig Instech!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
mit L200 box type owners/fuel cons/technical matters