New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I am currently having a problem with my car!! Pinaputol ko spring ko ng 2 ikot kaso nasobrahan ata kaya ayun masyadong matagtag... ano kaya ang maganda kong gawin para hindi sya maging matagtag at the same time lowered pa din tignan???? Do I have to replace my stock shocks to gas type or bili ko ng lowering spring?? meron bang surplas ng lowering??? how much kaya??? and to the shocks kung sakasakali magkano kaya yung gas type??? by the way my ride is mitsu lancer gls 2001.....

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
    I am currently having a problem with my car!! Pinaputol ko spring ko ng 2 ikot kaso nasobrahan ata kaya ayun masyadong matagtag... ano kaya ang maganda kong gawin para hindi sya maging matagtag at the same time lowered pa din tignan???? Do I have to replace my stock shocks to gas type or bili ko ng lowering spring?? meron bang surplas ng lowering??? how much kaya??? and to the shocks kung sakasakali magkano kaya yung gas type??? by the way my ride is mitsu lancer gls 2001.....
    Lowering spring is your best bet. You need also a camber kit (front and rear) if you lowered your car 2 inches and below. Buy OEM lowering spring kit (H&R or Eibach) it gives you a drop of an 1.3 to 1.5 inch. Ask your mechanics if you need or may not a camber kit on the rear for this kind of application.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    gnun ba? try mo hanap ng shock spacer para umangat ulit oto mo. o kaya bili ka surplus na springs pero 1 ikot na lng pabawas lalo na yng para sa likod pra hindi masyado macompress yng stock na shocks. that way, medyo mahaba para yng travel nya. kng may budget ka na, lowering springs and shocks are still the best way to go. pro from our experience, lancers do not do well pag masyado lowered. 1.5 or 1 ikot yng da best...gudluck sir

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    two words: lowering springs

five more words: never cut your stock springs

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    +1. Never cut your springs.

Most Japanese compacts have very soft shock absorbers. When you cut your springs, it limits their ability to prevent vertical movement... also, springs are usually progressive... in other words, they soften the initial impact and then harden up as they compress... this is done by having the coils at the ends closer spaced than those in the middle. You cut off the ends and... guess what? Matagtag... because only the stiff part of the springs remains.

In other words, cut your springs and you're looking at possibly blown shocks within 6 months to a year.

Lowering springs can damage your shocks, too, if they're too stiff. Your best bet is to get a set that gives you moderate lowering (about 1" - 1.5") but is relatively soft. Usually H&R has a "street" appliaction that isn't too aggressive. I've heard people talk about "Merwede" but I don't know where to find them.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    thanks guys!!! any idea of how much would it cost me???

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends. You can get brand new lowering springs for around 20k or so... secondhand, around 8k, maybe. Secondhand is okay, because they don't lose their stiffness as easily as stock springs (depending on the brand).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
    pwede mo try sa speedlab in quezon avenue. they have H&R for lancer, around 13.5k. just have mine replaced earlier. 1.5 to 2" drop. ok naman, wala naman nabago, okay pa din ang tagtag nya.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    thanks guys! I just bought gas shocks for my front para mabawasan yung tagtag the place a lifter at the back para chin down....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi pokerface,

Can you please tell me what gas shocks you bought and the price. I am aslo planning to replace my shocks. Thanks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Lowering My Car!!! (help)