New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't honestly know. But since it's pickup based, it should have the intake routed through the fender, like most AUVs... which is safer for flood fording.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I don't honestly know. But since it's pickup based, it should have the intake routed through the fender, like most AUVs... which is safer for flood fording.
    Thanks again for the input chief Niky

I guess the Mitsubishi Adventure can indeed be a practical alternative, tho I read somewhere here that the Super Sport AT 2.0 (the one I'm looking at) is a bit of a gas guzzler and some say that the ride quality of this AUV is quite rough especially on long drives.

But then again maybe a change in the suspension, springs, type of tires used or even just plain tire pressure adjustment, might already improve ride quality right?

I'm just considering this alternative cause it has a much higher ground clearance and can load more people compared to a sedan. Toyota REVOs are a good alternative as well but they are just much more expensive.

Can I get your two cents on this as well chief?

Many thanks again.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHead View Post
    I see so basically other brand vehicles in the same class and year model generally have the same number of ECUs - 1 engine, 1 auto-tranny, 1 airbag?

Lately kase; I have been looking at upgrading from my old car to a 2003-up mitsubishi lancer, preferably either the GLS or MX models. Pagod nako mag manual and would really like to drive an automatic naman this time around .

Based on specs, the lancer is indeed a practical choice pero would maintnenance be an issue? particularly on the ECUs?

Thanks again sa inputs mo chief GhostHunter at pasensya na sa mahabang reply bossing.
    since you are considering a 2003 up lancer, the air intake position of these models are at a hood level, right on top of the radiator if im not mistaken

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    yup. Cedia -type lancer's air inlet is above the front grill. i'll post some pic later if i can.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    since you are considering a 2003 up lancer, the air intake position of these models are at a hood level, right on top of the radiator if im not mistaken
    Thanks for the input chief Asus700 , sorry about this, but I'm just a bit confused now... so your saying that all 2003 and up model lancers have their intakes located above the radiator and near the hood?

Chief Niky said in his reply that lancer models generally have their air intakes located behind the front bumper hence its not safe for driving through flood waters for it will be quickly submerged since it is situated too low to the ground.

Could you please clarify this? my apologies for the confusion mga chief

Thanks again

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dale323 View Post
    yup. Cedia -type lancer's air inlet is above the front grill. i'll post some pic later if i can.
    Thank you as well for this input chief dale323 .

Yes, it would truly be great if you could post some photos of the lancer's air intake so as to help clarify things further.

Thank you in advance for your effort chief

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    niky was talking about lower model lancers which have their intakes positioned differently.

for the model you are considering, its positioned way up high. The pic below, taken from the net, is from a 2003 lancer and the intake is encircled in yellow. no change was done on the intake up to the current 1.6 lancer.

quite a good and practical buy too, 2003 models are selling within the vicinity of 300k. the "kalampag" issue of previous generation lancer is non-existent on this model, so they say
    Last edited by Asus700; June 10th, 2010 at 01:50 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oh... 2003 model pala? Yeah... my rant was against the Pizza-pie model.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    niky was talking about lower model lancers which have their intakes positioned differently.

for the model you are considering, its positioned way up high. The pic below, taken from the net, is from a 2003 lancer and the intake is encircled in yellow. no change was done on the intake up to the current 1.6 lancer.

quite a good and practical buy too, 2003 models are selling within the vicinity of 300k. the "kalampag" issue of previous generation lancer is non-existent on this model, so they say

Oh, so it's not that low to the ground after all... and maybe the lancer is still a good buy after all indeed.

True; I really like the lancer package cause it's pretty packed with features at a very reasonable price.

Tho I still hear alot of hear-say na "sirain" daw kase ang mga lancers kaya mababa ang resale value. But still; it's a very enticing package for a second hand buy.

Thanks again sa inputs nyo mga chiefs

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I dont know about sa sirain, I think its just the suspension of old models. Mine is turning 7 Months and still happy with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Lancer has 3 ECUs? Pls confirm.