New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider View Post
    mas mura yung Altis line-up nila, base model starting in the mid P700k compared to the base model Lancer which is nearly in the P900k.
    Corolla Altis has a base 1.6, the Lancer EX doesn't, but at P890K, the EX 2.0 GLX is one of the cheapest 2.0 liter sedans you can buy now, it has dual airbags, but no ABS.

These are the additional lower end "CBU from Japan" Lancer EX models...
    Lancer EX 2.0 GLX M/T P890K
    Lancer EX 2.0 GLS CVT P938K

If the Lancer EX was made in a South East Asian, it would probably be priced lower like the CBU from Thailand Corolla Altis.
    Last edited by AG4; March 29th, 2009 at 04:06 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    MMPC is planning of manufacturing a couple of Lancer EX models here to reduce the current prices ng Lancer EX..

The EX GLX 2 liter,GLS A/T CVT and GT M/T are the better ones!!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    So is it true that the MX will be phased out this year?

Seems that of all the Lancer EX models, the MX is the most "sulit". I couldn't justify the 350k+ premium of the GT-A given the difference in features, esp. since they have the same engine.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    As a very satisfied 3 month old Lancer EX MX owner, I agree to all the posts here negative and positive. I just want to share why I chose the MX over others..

Resale value was not an issue for us because, we had hondas and toyotas before and to be honest, kahit maalaga kami sa sasakyan in the end binabarat din..kahit anong antay mo sa direct buyer tumatagal lang lalo, in the end bagsak din presyo..so I thought, kung bibili din lang ako ng auto dahil lang sa resale value e di na rin

Second features that come with the price...I want 2.0 liter power na busog sa features, Kung civic P1.1M 5speed auto with paddle shift etc, altis at that time 1.8 liter 4speed lang nasa 1M na, Subaru naman P1.030 something ata manual naman ang transmission...MX nasa 930k 2.0 6 speed auto with paddle shift and sport mode, HID with AFS is standard, features that you only get from hi end models of other brands at almost twice the price..yung camry nga di pa nila lailagay yan sa entry level nila at sa mid, sa hi end lang yung naka ganyan... Not mention the space of the lancer, maluwag siya.

Reliability..ang sakin lang, aware naman ako sa sinasabi nilang issue ng mitsu, aminado naman ako na yng prev models a hindi patok sakin..Ang nasa isip ko naman, kung yung kia, at hyundai pati na din mazda(remember the mazdas of the early nineties hanggang sa nawala) napatawad natin sa mga issues noon(at ngayon ok na), bakit naman ang mitsubishi hinde? Ok naman Pajero ko, yung L300 ko laspag na lumalaban pa dinKasabay naman niya Outlander na Suv of the year daw last year sa Japan(correct me if Im wrong).

And lastly nagtayo ako ng thread sa comparo section, lancer vs civic...and overwhelming yung mga nag post na mas ok lancer ang positive lang ata na narinig ko sa civic resale value Just sharing lang po..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Lancer EX = affordable exclusivity