New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A friend of mine owns an Adventure diesel (4D56). He had a wild idea of salvaging an old turbocharger/intercooler from a 4D56 surplus engine and placing it sa engine niya. Do you think this is feasible?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Iba yata ang specs ng 4d56t (ur engine) sa normally aspirated na 4d56(adventure's engine) It can be done, but after a few months, KABOOM! :mrgreen:
    But i might be wrong, let's wait for the cpmments of other tsikot peeps.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yes it can be done.

but i suggest since he will buy a surplus engine that he install the whole engine and keep the original engine just in case the surplus engine will give up already or when time comes to sell the vehicle balik niya sa original.

there a lot that doing it here in our place, may nissan pathfinder na ka turbo from a td27T turbo engine, he took out the manifolds I/E, and turbo and installed it sa orig engine niya. may nissan patrol man na naka turbo taken from a Fuso engine na 4D32. and a lot of hi-luxes na turbo taken from 2L-TE. may isa nga pathfinder also turbo from a SR20DE engine.

the key in converted turbo is boost, you limit the boost to around 7-8psi only, so as not damage the internals of the engine.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    yes it can be done.

but i suggest since he will buy a surplus engine that he install the whole engine and keep the original engine just in case the surplus engine will give up already or when time comes to sell the vehicle balik niya sa original.
    yep, that's the safest way to go

iba ang internals ng 4d56 and 4d56t.

:?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This can be done, and tama sila, its better to replace the whole engine. kaya lang mahirap humanap ng 4D56TDIC. Marami Yung 4d56Turbo.

Pero oks yang idea na yan!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Iba po ang sukat ng piston, types of metal used and other parts ng N/A, Turbo, TDIC engines.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    me kakilala ako dito, yung adventure nya pinakabitan ng turbo, di ko alam kung naka ilan months, palit makina. tapos binenta narin yung adventure.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For sure, iba ang piston rings ng N/A at ng Turbo versions. I recall nung bumili ako ng parts for my overhaul, iba part no nila.

Im just not sure about the other parts.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    For sure, iba ang piston rings ng N/A at ng Turbo versions. I recall nung bumili ako ng parts for my overhaul, iba part no nila.

Im just not sure about the other parts.
    Pati sa piston iba rin bossing. :D Lalo na sa sukat malaki ang pinagkaiba.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas, ah k. di pa kasi ako nakkakita ng pistons side by side... :D Siguro mas matangkad or makapal yung pang turbo.... kasi pareho lang ang bore and stroke nila eh afaik....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Intercooled Turbo Adventure?