New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hey guys,

i own a mit. adv. gls 2004 diesel and i just had an oil change myself - but i didn't have my car serviced at my usual casa since i was in a different location . i just found out when i saw my bill at home that the mechanic put 7 liters of oil in my crankcase instead of the usual 6 liters that i usually have my mechanic put. will the excess oil be bad for my engine?

oh, and is an enoc vulcan multigrade oil ok for a diesel engine? i am so not knowledgeable about this.

i would truly appreciate it if anyone can give me invaluable insights.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    hey guys,

i own a mit. adv. gls 2004 diesel and i just had an oil change myself - but i didn't have my car serviced at my usual casa since i was in a different location . i just found out when i saw my bill at home that the mechanic put 7 liters of oil in my crankcase instead of the usual 6 liters that i usually have my mechanic put. will the excess oil be bad for my engine?

oh, and is an enoc vulcan multigrade oil ok for a diesel engine? i am so not knowledgeable about this.

i would truly appreciate it if anyone can give me invaluable insights.

familyguy,
    check the dipstick of the engine after at least five minutes after engine shudown, if it is between full and low, your engine should be fine. it it is overfilled, you will experience smoking while driving uphill or downhill, vehicle vibration at certain engine speeds, oil pressure warning light flickering, bluish smoke at the tailpipe and of course different engine noise than normal. the oil should be HD (high detergency). it will have API (american petroleum institute) classification CD or higher. C for CD being compression ignition or diesel engine.

jick

i need you wisdom