2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hip...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parang smart car and atoz in one.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Mitsubishi’s answer to the Smart ForFour, the i — based on its i-concept shown at the Tokyo motor show — went on sale in Japan this week. Powered by a 1.0-liter Briggs and Stratton MIVEC three-cylinder, 12-valve DOHC turbocharged-intercooled mill — mounted in a rear-midship layout — the econopod is offered in 2WD and 4WD models. Mitsubishi touts the tiny car’s space-maximizing layout and impact safety as selling points against the keicar competition. Prices start at the equivalent of around $11,000.

Jalopnik

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the i is Mitsu's version of the Smart. Its the result of their ex-partnership with daimler-chrysler. should be good.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice...

imagine having one to use around the metro during weekdays... and a pajero during weekends.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    From carbodydesign.com:

With the 'i' concept, Mitsubishi proposes its vision for an "innovative new-age minicar". The most original solution is the rear-midship layout, which brings benefits in terms of cabin roominess and enables an all-directional crashworthiness behaviour.

Design

The absence of the engine at the front allows the purposeful cab-forward stance and also allows the wheels to be placed further forward.
    The one-motion silhouette appears to cocoon its occupants, while the large diameter wheels and tires and the 2550mm super-long wheelbase combine to project a sense of movement.

Inside the 'i', extra cabin room is brought by the rear-midship layout; the large windshield and forward sloping beltline create a space that is airy and open.
    The smooth surface, and low-line dashboard appears to hover and adds to the airiness of the cockpit while the use of accent colors in the rounded seats injects a pleasant tautness to the cabin.

Engine and Safety

Mitsubishi 'i' is powered by a brand new 3-cylinder intercooler-turbocharged MIVEC engine that delivers 47 kW (64 HP) of power. The use of a silent camshaft drive chain and increased engine rigidity has reduced noise and vibration levels.

For what concerns safety, the rear-midship layout locates the engine towards the rear of the body, thus providing a sizeable front crushable zone that reconciles the conflicting requirements of good crashworthiness and a comfortably generous interior length.

Mitsubishi 'i' Concept - Technical Specifications

Overall length (mm) 3395
    Overall width (mm) 1475
    Overall height (mm) 1600
    Wheelbase (mm) 2550
    Track: F/R (mm) 1310 / 1270
    Seating capacity 4
    Engine New 3-cyl. DOHC MIVEC intercooler-turbocharger
    Max. output [kW (PS)] 47 (64)
    Tires Front 145 / 65R15
    Rear 175 / 55R15

8. Join Date