New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Im planning to buy a pajero 2nd hand. Can you pls help me guys? One of my prospects has this:

Dubai Version Mitsubishi Pajero
    blue/silver
    original LHD (not converted)
    2.5 Turbo Intercooler Diesel Engine
    intercooler body
    M/T
    5 Door
    Roof Rack
    Euro look
    Alarm
    American racing mags
    Bridgestone 31.5x10x15 tires
    Asking price is P400K

What do you think of this? Can you please help me and give me advise on buying a second hand pajero. Should I also look for a subic pajero? This is my first time to drive an SUV. I have no idea what to watch out for. Please help. Thank you in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    a dubai version, original LHD would be a better bet than the converted subic pajeros. i am assuming that this is a 1995 model so at 400K, the price is okay but you should try to negotiate this down

if possible, bring a mechanic with you, preferably a mechanic who is well versed with pajeros, so that he can check this for you.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez
    a dubai version, original LHD would be a better bet than the converted subic pajeros. i am assuming that this is a 1995 model so at 400K, the price is okay but you should try to negotiate this down

if possible, bring a mechanic with you, preferably a mechanic who is well versed with pajeros, so that he can check this for you.
    At 400K, I think it would be a good buy. Just follow 111prez's suggestion.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas maganda am sure ang rig LHD sa converted. Mas less worry

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    the dubai versions aer pretty tough. i once had a nissan patrol safari dubai version. my only complaint was the gas consumption kasi naka gasoling pa naman ang engine

but other than the fuel mileage, everything was okay. i was kind of sad to let it go

astig talaga, parang UN ka, hahahaha

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Telulah, what's with the engine? Di na maganda? Thank you guys.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi, ok talaga dubai ver compared to other pajero vertions. But base on my experience, no problem in buying the subic pajero's....pero after buying in subic, dalhin mo kaagad kay Joseph sa multinational...sigurado paglabas ng pajero parang locally made na.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Radiator seems to be tampered or repaired by any local shop. I would be wary about the vehicle's previous overheating problems. Which could cause oil leaks if the cylinder head warps due to excessive overheat. I would also point out the red-silicon-like adhesive underneath the valve cover. Either of these is valid; the original valve cover gasket is black or no gasket at all.

Intercooler fins seemed too depressed to work in order condition. I might be wrong, or the sun's reflection is deluding my eyes as I see it.

Other engine parts or components seem to be intact. Just sharing my sentimos... ;)

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Pajero 96, pls give me details about joseph.
    Ungas, thank you at pati narin sa iba.
    Sana makakuha ako ng matinong pajero.
    Yung maaalagaan ko at maipagmamalaki.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help re: pajero