New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexxx View Post
    My 99 Galant (Shark) has no problem in overheating up to date. Considering there is a leak in the Collant (The coolant reservoir becomes empty after a 200km run). No modifications on the radiator yet. So it's a very reliable car, you just have to periodically check the important parts.
    Sorry VIOS lovers, I always beat 'em on a race. I know it's no contest since the '99 Galant VR has a 2.5 V6 Engine, but with the traffic and all, I still managed to beat those pesky VIOS'es (2008 models) with flying colors (w/c btw they provoked me on racing them). Although it is a a 10 yr old (in 2009) car, I still managed to amaze drivers with this beauty!

Low maintenance, and very powerful. It is a best buy a guy could have for a car. Unless you got fuel issues, that's another problem. This car is hungry for gas. Beware! (9kms/ litre highway driving and 6kms/litre city driving).
    And this my friends were VIOS emerge the winner (23kms/ltre am I correct?)
    heheh patay tau pre kung lalagyan ng tig-P100.00 na gasolina tapos drag ng quartermile.. d tau matatapos! hahahahah!!!! joke!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    My 99 Galant (Shark) has no problem in overheating up to date. Considering there is a leak in the Collant (The coolant reservoir becomes empty after a 200km run). No modifications on the radiator yet. So it's a very reliable car, you just have to periodically check the important parts.
    Sorry VIOS lovers, I always beat 'em on a race. I know it's no contest since the '99 Galant VR has a 2.5 V6 Engine, but with the traffic and all, I still managed to beat those pesky VIOS'es (2008 models) with flying colors (w/c btw they provoked me on racing them). Although it is a a 10 yr old (in 2009) car, I still managed to amaze drivers with this beauty!

Low maintenance, and very powerful. It is a best buy a guy could have for a car. Unless you got fuel issues, that's another problem. This car is hungry for gas. Beware! (9kms/ litre highway driving and 6kms/litre city driving).
    And this my friends were VIOS emerge the winner (23kms/ltre am I correct?)
    sir check mu kung talagang may leak reservoir mu kasi wen i was at AMcar buying sum things.. a galant shark had d same problem but it turned out dat d bypass hoses wer shot kaya ang tendency ng engine was to siphon water from d reservoir.. concerned lang heheheh

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    GUYS my group b kau sali nmn ako VR 496 model 09178399463 marikina area ako

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jinrai View Post
    my galant's ball joint and suspension arm were replaced last year. makalampag masyado kahit di malubak prior to it's repair. it's been almost a year since the repair and so far ok pa naman.
    My gelpren has a 95 Galant. I drove it yesterday and makalampag kahit hindi masyado malubak. May problema yata sa suspension. Saan ba maganda ipacheck within Pasig/Cainta area? Sa tingin nyo mga bossing magkano ang aabutin?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jinrai View Post
    my galant's ball joint and suspension arm were replaced last year. makalampag masyado kahit di malubak prior to it's repair. it's been almost a year since the repair and so far ok pa naman.
    My gelpren has a 95 Galant that she bought 2nd hand. I drove it yesterday and makalampag kahit hindi masyado malubak. May problema yata sa suspension. Saan ba maganda ipacheck within Pasig/Cainta area? Sa tingin nyo mga bossing magkano ang aabutin?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I had my coolant problem done...it's the water pump assembly daw (P7k), I had it fixed at SFM San Pablo (Mitsubishi Dealer) so can't argue with them. I also had my timing belt replaced (with some pulleys??) so that costs around P18k! Radiator Cap replaced (P750 ). And it seems I had a problem with my Tranny . And had my rear brake pads replaced. All in all...P36k! But that's the price you have to pay if you go CASA. But all is running smoothly again. They even fixed my AIRCON UNIT's ticking sound (relay daw un). So no regrets. But Still I have a problem with my car going a wee bit to the right while letting go of the steering wheel. The mechanics says its the TYROD, some says it the Suspsension ball joint. WHat do you think?

I hadn't had that done, since I'm waaay over my budget! But based on what I read here...parang suspension arm nga ang problem. Bigla nga lumakas ang kalampag ng Car ko sa rear..SHOCKS daw needs to be replaced (11k estimated). !! Mahirap tlg magkaroon ng 2nd hand. I had a 99 VR (pating version). It's still a cool car. But the fuel consumption....WAAAAHHH!

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    I had my coolant problem done...it's the water pump assembly daw (P7k), I had it fixed at SFM San Pablo (Mitsubishi Dealer) so can't argue with them. I also had my timing belt replaced (with some pulleys??) so that costs around P18k! Radiator Cap replaced (P750 ). And it seems I had a problem with my Tranny . And had my rear brake pads replaced. All in all...P36k! But that's the price you have to pay if you go CASA. But all is running smoothly again. They even fixed my AIRCON UNIT's ticking sound (relay daw un). So no regrets. But Still I have a problem with my car going a wee bit to the right while letting go of the steering wheel. The mechanics says its the TYROD, some says it the Suspsension ball joint. WHat do you think?

I hadn't had that done, since I'm waaay over my budget! But based on what I read here...parang suspension arm nga ang problem. Bigla nga lumakas ang kalampag ng Car ko sa rear..SHOCKS daw needs to be replaced (11k estimated). !! Mahirap tlg magkaroon ng 2nd hand. I had a 99 VR (pating version). It's still a cool car. But the fuel consumption....WAAAAHHH!
    perform a diagnostic alignment first from a reputable shop... they will lead you to answer your query.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ... They even fixed my AIRCON UNIT's ticking sound (relay daw un). So no regrets. But Still I have a problem with my car going a wee bit to the right while letting go of the steering wheel. The mechanics says its the TYROD, some says it the Suspsension ball joint. WHat do you think?

Aba! Sounds very familiar ah! My gf's Galant had that ticking sound a few months back. Relay nga daw ang problema. Ginawa na lang ng electrician dinisconnect nya. Ayun, problem solved kaso wala nga lang hangin sa paa (the part of the aircon that blows below the dashboard). Ok naman kasi hindi din naman pansin 'yun eh as long as malamig naman 'yung tumatamang hangin sa upper body pati sa mukha. May kabig din sa kanan 'yung kotse kaya sabi sa akin ball joint daw.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Hows the fuel consumption of a VR4 1998 shark Galant?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nano16 View Post
    My gelpren has a 95 Galant. I drove it yesterday and makalampag kahit hindi masyado malubak. May problema yata sa suspension. Saan ba maganda ipacheck within Pasig/Cainta area? Sa tingin nyo mga bossing magkano ang aabutin?

as said in the galant forum (mymitsuph.com) when it comes to suspension their best shop is ZEE, or Cruven. magkapatid may ari nito so any will do. their good in suspension and underchasis repairs bro.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast