New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Mga Sir patulong naman, masyado kasi matakaw yung 4G galant ko, any suggestion naman as to how mababawasan yung Gas consumption ko......is engine transplant a better IDEA???? baka may suggestion kayo dyan mga paps....Thanks and Happpy new year

Taas ng Gasolina

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by winpot View Post
    Mga Sir patulong naman, masyado kasi matakaw yung 4G galant ko, any suggestion naman as to how mababawasan yung Gas consumption ko......is engine transplant a better IDEA???? baka may suggestion kayo dyan mga paps....Thanks and Happpy new year

Taas ng Gasolina
    nope... if you are complaining about the current cost to fill your tank with gasoline, you have two choices.

1. Sell the Galant and get another (smaller) car with a smaller engine.
    2. install a LPG kit.

LPG is cheaper than gasoline, costing around P22.70 to P24.00 per liter. The downside is the cost of installing a LPG system for your would be around P30K and would require some space from your trunk for the LPG storage tank.

I have had my own car converted to run on LPG since August of last year.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sir ghost,

hindi ba bad for our health ang LPG?

Thanks...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    LPG is cleaner fuel. simplest explanation is lpg has lesser carbon molecules than gasoline, therefore cleaner emission.

the only concern right now with lpg is:
    - leaks that can lead into the cabin
    - there are no regulations right now, so there is no accepted philippine standards on converted-lpg vehicles, meaning you don't know if the lpg kit that was stuck in your car is really safe from leakage/blowouts/etc.

i emphasized on the philippine standards part because i'm not familiar with the lpg kits (which can have CE approval, or whatever) sold in manila.

the pros:
    - cleaner engine and emission
    - cheaper in the long run

the cons:
    - high start-up cost
    - right now: scarce lpg fuel stations (although the big 3 is starting to offer lpg too)

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Mas advisable if u wud sell d car and buy a smaller displacement ride.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo_lowell View Post
    Mas advisable if u wud sell d car and buy a smaller displacement ride.
    In general, a small engine in a small & light car will definitely save you fuel.

What car are you driving now and what millage are you getting with it?

ENGINE TRANSPLANT  for Galant??????