New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Montero2k18 View Post
    Hi fellow Montero owners, I have been encountering a misalignment issue.

I first noticed it a month ago. When I drive, the wheel inexplicably turns a bit towards right. I keep thinking maybe it's just my perception issue.

But today, I just noticed that it is the whole steering column that's not aligned. Noticed it when I'm trying to change the height of the steering wheel.

As you'll be able to see in the photos, when I try to adjust the steering wheel to the lowest possible position, you can clearly see that the right side is lower.

Attachment 35585

Does anyone encounter this issue or is it just me?

I'm trying to determine if it's normal or not.

Thanks in advance.
    there was an incident in Thailand where the bolt on the upper control arm fell off. i think the factory did not tighten the nuts&bolts enough. If i were you, id get an alignment and full suspension and steering nut and bolt tightening. make sure the tire pressures are equal before the alignment.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    ^ alignment saka isama mo na rin wheel balancing. mga tire shops with computerized wheel alignment equipment can easily do it at a minimal fee

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Ung Montero ko na 2014, may clicking sounds naman pag nag turn right or left. Ang alam ko horn pad un. I will try to DIY the problem, looking pa for more information. Kung alam niyo guys, pakisabihan naman ako paano ayusin ito.

Share ko lang tong video ko about power steering change. Subscribe na rin kayo kung gusto niyo guys hehehe.

Paano Magpalit ng Power Steering Fluid ng MonteroSports Gen 2 | Complete Guide - YouTube

Salamat

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nuper17 View Post
    Ung Montero ko na 2014, may clicking sounds naman pag nag turn right or left. Ang alam ko horn pad un. I will try to DIY the problem, looking pa for more information. Kung alam niyo guys, pakisabihan naman ako paano ayusin ito.
    is it coming from somewhere near the steering column?
    is it possible, it's the signal light return switch?
    if so, "it's normal".

5. Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Montero2k18 View Post
    Hi fellow Montero owners, I have been encountering a misalignment issue.

I first noticed it a month ago. When I drive, the wheel inexplicably turns a bit towards right. I keep thinking maybe it's just my perception issue.

But today, I just noticed that it is the whole steering column that's not aligned. Noticed it when I'm trying to change the height of the steering wheel.

As you'll be able to see in the photos, when I try to adjust the steering wheel to the lowest possible position, you can clearly see that the right side is lower.

Attachment 35585

Does anyone encounter this issue or is it just me?

I'm trying to determine if it's normal or not.

Thanks in advance.
    i've been reading in this forum before purchasing montero gt 4x4 2020.

i have created an account just to confirm that your uploaded picture is the same as mine. maybe this is normal? or we both have lemon? 😆

the only issue i have got so far regarding steering is the steering wheel. its a bit off centered, nasa kanan sya ng konti but still irritiating considered this is branf new.

i have tried to correct it DIY since quarantine ngayon via this video:
    2017 montero sport steering wheel alignment - YouTube

unfortunately, unsuccessful yung try ko. di ko sya maiangat (based sa instruction, kasi di naman pinakita kung papaano).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 20gt4x4 View Post
    i've been reading in this forum before purchasing montero gt 4x4 2020.

i have created an account just to confirm that your uploaded picture is the same as mine. maybe this is normal? or we both have lemon? ��

the only issue i have got so far regarding steering is the steering wheel. its a bit off centered, nasa kanan sya ng konti but still irritiating considered this is branf new.

i have tried to correct it DIY since quarantine ngayon via this video:
    2017 montero sport steering wheel alignment - YouTube

unfortunately, unsuccessful yung try ko. di ko sya maiangat (based sa instruction, kasi di naman pinakita kung papaano).
    the video is interesting, it seems like the airbag module is only snapped into place. you could do more damage by moving the steering wheel alignment on the column. I don't think you have the torque wrench to properly torque that nut and the thread locker. I suggest going to a good shop for alignment it only cost 20$ or so. btw if you're really keen on doing that disassembly, remove the fuse for the airbags..
    Last edited by StockEngine; March 20th, 2020 at 05:18 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    the video is interesting, it seems like the airbag module is only snapped into place. you could do more damage by moving the steering wheel alignment on the column. I don't think you have the torque wrench to properly torque that nut and the thread locker. I suggest going to a good shop for alignment it only cost 20$ or so. btw if you're really keen on doing that disassembly, remove the fuse for the airbags..
    yep, i think i dont know what im doing. actually i have removed the nut but i cant lift the steering wheel based on his verbal instruction, he didn't show how to do it. maybe ill just wait for my 1k pms. i'd really love to bring it to casa, unfortunately, we're in lockdown right now. you know the feeling, its brand new, it should be perfect atleast for a few days. but i have felt it on the first day on my way home 😆.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Hello, Has there been progress on fixing this issue? Any recommendations?

Have a 2016 GT. May kabig sa right despite alignements, balancing and same tire pressure. Regular PMS Schedule is followed. No issues nman nakikita sa suspension.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213