New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 45 of 137 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    it's been a long time since i posted here. tanong ko lang po: yun montero ko (Nov.,2009), pumapasok usok ng ibang sasakyan at alikabok. pati amoy ng canal na nadaanan pumapasok din . anybody here experience this in their montero? pinatignan ko na sa casa dito sa province namin and they claimed sinara na nila aircon vents pero ganun pa din. advise from fellow montero owners would be highly appreciated

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kha View Post
    boss, madami din pong 4x2 A/T quartz brown. sa Mitsubishi Lipa po mabilis
    This is strange. I ordered my quartz brown last Sept 7, after a week tinawagan ako na nandyan na ung unit ko, bilis nga eh. To think dito pa ako sa cebu. Ako na lang nga inintay para ma release na ung unit, of course when I came to get it, everything was ready as expected

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kha View Post
    opo boss! kausap ko kanina yung taga BIPI, nasa PDI warehouse sya ng mitsu. 3 days daw po bago sila makapagrelease kasi dadaan pa sa inspection.

hilux po boss. sa batangas port po kasi ang toyota kaya di ko macheck. yung mitsubishi po sa bauan. nakakapasok po ako ng BIPI kasi gumagamit kami ng pier nila
    Boss, ang sabi po ng SA ko eh padating na sa planta nila yung unit nung Monday. Malamang nasa Cainta na yon and ready for release na within this week. Sana...

Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Yes sir! Since the added weignt is toward the rear.
    Got it sir. I'll check the tire pressure guide nalang sa may driver side door as reference. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by boldventure View Post
    di naman po nakakahiya, it shows lang na you know what you're doing. At yun pagpicture, nothing wrong with it, it shows na excited kayo hehehe. Huwag mo isipin ang iisipin nila dahil kayo naman ang bumili. :D
    May point ka don sir. Naisip ko din na hindi dapat mahiya, instead maging proud kasi magiging Monty owner na ako.
    I'll surely take pictures during the release and try ko po i-post dito. Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Good day peeps!!!

MS user here...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by surg View Post
    it's been a long time since i posted here. tanong ko lang po: yun montero ko (Nov.,2009), pumapasok usok ng ibang sasakyan at alikabok. pati amoy ng canal na nadaanan pumapasok din . anybody here experience this in their montero? pinatignan ko na sa casa dito sa province namin and they claimed sinara na nila aircon vents pero ganun pa din. advise from fellow montero owners would be highly appreciated
    same problem here. 2009 model GLSE. Read all my post and a thread "issues for montero sport". they also closed my vents but still the smell is comming in.

This is what i noticed. If you put the air flow into auto and you start the engine, the computer will open the vents so that cool air will enter the cabin. Thus, you will hear and feel a strong air blower. I tested this by burning a charcoal with so much smoke under the engine and then i start it with aouto air flow. It sucked all the smoke inside the cabin. TERRIBLE!! I tried to put off the auto air flow and the smoked is lessened.

Second thing. The aicon at the rear. DO NOT USE IT FOR A MONTH and you will notice a lessend smoke smell.

Third thing. Hang a newly washed clothes with softener inside the cabin and after 3 to 5 days, it will smell like a guy shirt who took the jeep for a ride.

Fourth. put off the auto mode and hang another shirt, The smell will be lessened.

Fiifth. Do all my advice and the shirt will still smell like you rode on a jeep. try this with your other car (mine is RAV4), It wonth smell even for a month. i hang my coats inside my rav a lot. It smelled like a new car for even 2 months.

NOTICE THIS. Pull off the step guard plastic on the door. You will see the pin hole for the clip. Look at it closer and you will see the pavement of the cement floor of your garage or of your feet. With my RAV4, there is a second wall that protects the pinhole from mud or water. SO, if the pin is loosened, the cabin sucks all smoke and whatever the road gives. Notica also around the pinhole. there are already signs that water and dust did came in.

Solution? undercoat it with thickone. Also, slose the air vent. do not use auto. do not use rear aircon. sell your monty. any buyer? mine is 2009 GLSE. This will be rare because they will not produce GLSE anymore. Cheers

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by navigator2377 View Post
    ^^ Yes sir Monseratto, i experienced this as well at sucat interchange right after tollgate pataas siya.. I don't know kung normal lang siguro siya?.. So i had to do it quikly on my foot on the gas pedal habang nakaabang sa handbreak..
    Talagang tinipid ng mitsu...

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showp...&postcount=372

Quote Originally Posted by perfectoy View Post
    Montero 4x2 Automatic umaatras kahit konting incline lang????

Guys with 4x2 Automatic. Does your montero 4x2 AT slide backwards on "D" when you stop on the slope and release the brakes? The slope is not really steep and there's no passengers but when I release the brake it slides backward continously just like its in Neutral even if its on "D". Is this a problem with the Automatic Transmission or is there something that needs to be adjusted at the casa?

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showp...&postcount=444

Quote Originally Posted by boner1 View Post

backing up on an incline:

unlike other cars or SUVs, the montero sport does not come with Hill Start Assist, nor the Hill Descent control. instances where you feel like sliding down when you take your foot off the brakes in an attempt to step on the gas does happen in the Montero. Hill start assist and descent control is not a new technology as it has been around with Isuzu, Honda, Subaru. malas lang walang ganyan sa Montero.

the fix: Mitsubishi's advice is for us to use the handbrake
    Also I notice the dreaded TURBO LAG problem happens more frequently because I am aware of it...No fix for that problem.

Confirmed na ba iphased out na yung MS GLS SE?
    Last edited by Monseratto; September 29th, 2010 at 01:20 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JayBel View Post
    Sige po. I'll try this sa bahay mamaya. May mga security restrictions kasi dito.

thank you po mga sir for being so accomodating ang helpful!
    Done with the registration na po. Just waiting for the approval.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by easyman3 View Post
    same problem here. 2009 model GLSE. Read all my post and a thread "issues for montero sport". they also closed my vents but still the smell is comming in.

This is what i noticed. If you put the air flow into auto and you start the engine, the computer will open the vents so that cool air will enter the cabin. Thus, you will hear and feel a strong air blower. I tested this by burning a charcoal with so much smoke under the engine and then i start it with aouto air flow. It sucked all the smoke inside the cabin. TERRIBLE!! I tried to put off the auto air flow and the smoked is lessened.

Second thing. The aicon at the rear. DO NOT USE IT FOR A MONTH and you will notice a lessend smoke smell.

Third thing. Hang a newly washed clothes with softener inside the cabin and after 3 to 5 days, it will smell like a guy shirt who took the jeep for a ride.

Fourth. put off the auto mode and hang another shirt, The smell will be lessened.

Fiifth. Do all my advice and the shirt will still smell like you rode on a jeep. try this with your other car (mine is RAV4), It wonth smell even for a month. i hang my coats inside my rav a lot. It smelled like a new car for even 2 months.

NOTICE THIS. Pull off the step guard plastic on the door. You will see the pin hole for the clip. Look at it closer and you will see the pavement of the cement floor of your garage or of your feet. With my RAV4, there is a second wall that protects the pinhole from mud or water. SO, if the pin is loosened, the cabin sucks all smoke and whatever the road gives. Notica also around the pinhole. there are already signs that water and dust did came in.

Solution? undercoat it with thickone. Also, slose the air vent. do not use auto. do not use rear aircon. sell your monty. any buyer? mine is 2009 GLSE. This will be rare because they will not produce GLSE anymore. Cheers
    Sir, nakakaturn off naman po your evaluation with your montero unit, parang gusto ko na pong mag change mind to re-consider Santa Fe kahit sinasabi nilang made in korea and low ang resale value.

Thank you with your feedback, very helpful sa mga kagaya ko na gustong bumili ng mid-size SUV.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *rmsoriano

Regarding the Santa Fe... Made in Korea? So what! Its a global model sold also in the US and Western Europe and passing their safety tests with flying colors. O pili ka made in Korea which is also exported to the US or Made in Thailand exporting only in other 3rd world countries?

2010 Mitsubishi Montero Sport [continued]