New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any feedback please on the new 2004 (revised) mitsubishi spacegear especially fuel consumption,suspension,gear shift, VCD screen,etc. we need all the feedback we can get.Thanks a million!
    Last edited by zanch; April 12th, 2004 at 09:26 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saw that but it looks like an old model.

Oh, can a mod edit the title to include Space Gear? Can't seem to do it...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jeff::: That's the previous model Space Gear.

Afaik, the new model Space Gear uses gas-fed engine for its power, and most of the added features for the same model only. Tough luck for the diesel variant.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    bago na ba tlaga space gear? i heard cosmetic changes lng mostly... totoo ba?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The motioncars review wasn't favorable but maybe there have been some changes since then. Also, the Space Gear might be more attractive to buyers looking at a decent 7-9 seater now that the new Starex is priced at 1.15-1.4 million and the Sedona only comes with a V6...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The current Mitsubishi Space Gear is powered by a 2.4L inline-4 gasoline engine mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission.

It is based on the commercial model of the Space Gear offered in Taiwan and thus includes sliding doors on both sides (something the Starex doesn't offer due to being based on the people carrier version of the original Space Gear). The Japanese Space Gear is now only available as a 4x4 variant.

Even in its newly civilized form, the window cargo bars for the rear windshield and last row side windows are still there denoting its roots. If you have kids in the back, better restrain them properly. Hitting those metal bars in a crash is not very safe nor pleasant.

Personally, the Starex with it's powerful CRDi engine, loads of useful features and constantly improving build quality seems a better deal if you can get over its new styling.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Other comments?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I always thought those bars under the rear windows are for security.... para hindi ka mapasukan through the sliding windows... guess i was wrong hehe.

Anyways, I test drove one before... parang nahilo ako coz masayaw siya when turning.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ano mas ok between the Starex, Space Gear and Serena?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2004 Mitsubishi Space Gear feedbacks