New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sana nga mag-release ang Mitsu ng Montero Sport na M/T. If they were able to offer it on the Strada, they should be able to make it an option on the MS as well.

That would be a very sweet variant indeed for me. :D
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 29th, 2008 at 11:48 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    Can you comment on tires? I'm not a fan of low profile tires and Parang hindi bagay mga big tires na high profile sa Montero. Dumating sa utol nabawsan ulit yong ganda nya. I guess yun color hindi ko type.
    Hi Sir Larshell, the stock tire package (70 series) seems liveable for me. its actually confidence inspiring versus the Strada 3.2 GLS Sport's actually considering that they increased the thickness to 265 from the Strada's thin looking 245. a very good example for low profile tires (should you be thinking of that) is KCBoy's and the white MS displayed at the MOA launch and the motorshow. Maroon is very elegant i must say- more maroon actually than Satin Red- Mitsubishi's Maroonish tone with a hint of red. You might want to conder Silver too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I'm still trying to get used to the new Montero Sport grille, but I think it's a suitable upgrade from the Field Master (athough the MS wasn't really meant to supplant the Pajero line).

I prefer certain touches on the MS such as the lift-back tailgate (easier to load cargo) and chassis-mounted spare tire (no more blocking the rear view), as well as the new RISE body structure giving it a definite edge over the FM.
    Hi Sir Bogeyman, i agree with you po. the chrome is over the top! think of it as Strada with Braces! hahahahaha! also, what i find to be weird (and somewhat dissapointing) is that the MS, yes, does not enhance the Pajero line-up or a product line from the Pajero Mini, Jr., or even the iO, but it gets the name! talk about piracy within the brand! The name Pajero/Montero is like a franchise just like the name Corolla. A popular model within the brand certainly deserves expansion as this can expand in their sales because there is TRUST in the name already. MMC almost did it though with the Lancer and the Outlander! Safety wise, i agree with you with the spare tire at the chassis , rear visibility will be enhanced- as long as the head raistrants are lowered. The RISE Body is an edge too. In addition to that, i do recall the FM body was tested in the US for impact collision tests and it earned respectable ratings then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Wow! a clan of Mitsubishi loyalists....dapat automatic 10% discount kaagad...

I say, do not "upgrade" if your heart is not in it. The 4WD FM is indeed a venerable vehicle. Its the 4x2 that is no ".....master". Although the 4x4 FM is old it is ageing wonderfully sort of the the old school British Land Rovers.
    *Gerbo, a bunch of Mitsu Loyalists/Fanatics ei? join us?

the 4x4 is the real thing. ang bagay dapat sa 4x2 is the name "road master" and in 2002 MMPC pundits gave the 4x2 Pajero FM a set of All Terrain (A/T) Dueller tires! what gives? that should have been done before with the 2.8 FM 4x4s that had the Highway Terrain Tires (H/T)!

After giving it some thought, Not doing an upgrade may be a consideration on the part of Sir Larshell as i can forsee or even predict that in the future, the 2.8 Field Master 4x4 will be a rare gem to grab- just like the 1991-1993 Galant GTi-16v, a fully restored or well maintained Lancer Box-Type SL or GSR, and i think the 97-02 Lancer GSR Coupe is slowly stepping into that phase too.

Quote Originally Posted by promdiboy View Post
    larshell, gaganda ng mga kotse mo bro. mitsu fanboi din ako, imho before ako nakagamit ng semi auto, akala ko masarap paglaruan, hindi ko rin gaano naapreciate yung semi auto tranny sa diesel. very inconveninet gamitin, ang baba kasi ng rev range ng diesel. before 2k dapat plus ka ng plus, nagagamit ko lang siya pag descending grades pang downshift lang. sa regular automatic press ko lang OD off, downshift na siya agad, sometimes gusto mo mag upshift na but hindi pa kaya ng speed mo kaya wala din nangyayari.
    Hi Sir Promdiboy! musta na?

We can also put it this way: If i was an opera singer (which i'm actually NOT), i will find it a bummer if i always have to sing (low) baritone to express myself in songs when I know that i'm capable of doing (high) tenor.

Same goes with the MS. You play around with the rev range of perhaps 1000rpm to 2000rpm and get the gratification of speed at that rate- but you want to go further. The Sportronic will be there for you to enjoy- as long as you are not rev happy. I think the advantage of this is if the driver wants DIRECT and QUICK control on shifting like as if D-3-2-L is accessible that way and goes with that mindset always and not the mind of an M/T driver.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    Hi Sir Larshell, the stock tire package (70 series) seems liveable for me. its actually confidence inspiring versus the Strada 3.2 GLS Sport's actually considering that they increased the thickness to 265 from the Strada's thin looking 245. a very good example for low profile tires (should you be thinking of that) is KCBoy's and the white MS displayed at the MOA launch and the motorshow. Maroon is very elegant i must say- more maroon actually than Satin Red- Mitsubishi's Maroonish tone with a hint of red. You might want to conder Silver too!
    Montero tire size is 265/65/R17, what if i want to change it to All terrain or M/T tires parang hindi bagay.

After giving it some thought, Not doing an upgrade may be a consideration on the part of Sir Larshell as i can forsee or even predict that in the future, the 2.8 Field Master 4x4 will be a rare gem to grab- just like the 1991-1993 Galant GTi-16v, a fully restored or well maintained Lancer Box-Type SL or GSR, and i think the 97-02 Lancer GSR Coupe is slowly stepping into that phase too.

I have a 1986 Lancer SL around 90% orig.
    Last edited by larshell; October 1st, 2008 at 09:45 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    Montero tire size is 265/65/R17, what if i want to change it to All terrain or M/T tires parang hindi bagay.
    ooops! i stand corrected. hehehehe I believe All Terrain tires will still be ok. M/T tires would be an overkill on EDSA.

Orig Box-Type Lancer? waw! i hope to see that in the future! we had one that survived for 10 years. ('91-'01)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ive checked around and at tires with 265/65/17 sizes are still unavailable, i hope with the montero sport, pajeros and now the facelifted fortuners running on the size, there will be at tires available, that way i can change already. stock bridgestones 265/65/17s easily get flat s. just hate those tires,

as for the upgrade, id say id consider it an upgrade, better engine and you still get the same super select 4wd system, newer vehicle. go do it....

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Orig Box-Type Lancer? waw! i hope to see that in the future! we had one that survived for 10 years. ('91-'01)
    Sure, I will post photo in a different thread or just a teaser this coming weekend if i can find time.

KCboy, Have you checked with BFgoodrich suppliers parang meron yata nito sa BFG.

Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    for me, it's not an upgrade since ang upgrade ng pajero FM is the Pajero gen.3 and ang upgrade ng montero sport (gen.1) is the new montero sport or montero sport gen 2 para sa akin the new MS is a poor man's pajero since ang mahal ng pajero shogun or pajero gen3.5 (or is it gen 4?)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    kcboy, Mickey Thompson yata meron..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jru120 View Post
    for me, it's not an upgrade since ang upgrade ng pajero FM is the Pajero gen.3 and ang upgrade ng montero sport (gen.1) is the new montero sport or montero sport gen 2 para sa akin the new MS is a poor man's pajero since ang mahal ng pajero shogun or pajero gen3.5 (or is it gen 4?)
    To a certain extent you are right....

But come to think of it the, FM as presently configured (4x2, 2.8L 4D56T, etc.) is mechanically inferior to the present-day Montero Sport (4x4, 3.2 DiD, etc.). Its odd that the MS comes up cheaper.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    sir gerbo, 4m40 na po yung makina ng FM at hindi 4d56t. i agree na mechanically inferior talaga ang FM sa MS kaya di pwedeng ibaba ng mitsubishi ang price ng FM kasi it would be degrading to the pajero. parang your buying the name "pajero" if you buy a brand new FM. iba pa rin talaga when you hear and say "pajero" last march ko lang nalaman na may binebenta pa palang brand new FM. mabenta daw talaga kasi ang FM sabi ng sales agent sa mitsu kay di pa nila piniphase out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2000 Pajero Field Master to 2009 Montero Sports 4WD  upgrade or not?