New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Will you be willing to perform the ultimate sacrifice for your country?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 48.00%
  • No

9 36.00%
  • Maybe

4 16.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    basta dapat ma-video

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    if someone threathens to destroy or invade my country to oppress my fellow countryment then yes. i'm giving a great heritage to my future children and grand children, etc. etc.

otherwise, i'd concentrate giving a good future to tehm.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depende

kung kagaya WW2 na mga demonyong hapon ang kalaban, mga rapist pa, sasama ako sa mga guerilla, patay na kung patay

kung kagaya ngayon na ang talagang kaaway ng pinoy ay mga tiwaling opisyales, bigyan mo sila ng baril at bigyan mo ako ng baril, harap-harapang barilan na lang

pero kung halimabawa kano ang kalaban, aba eh suko na ako, papasakop ko na lang pinas para maging dollar ang pera natin ... at nang mawala na yang problema sa exchange rate

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    as f****d as it may be, it is after all our f****d up country, and it is our responsibility..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    I've always thought that the reservist core is the first line of defense... unang sabak sa laban... unang casualties. In chess, we are the pawns.

If it is a war to protect political/financial interests of a few, it is not a cause worth my life. For example, to go to another land to fight someone else's war to which there is a vested interest in claiming resources for their own... that is BS! Tapos, anong weaponry ang pagagamit sa atin... yun pumapalya... BS talaga!

If it is a true threat to life, specially of my family, that cause is worth my life. For example, an invasion by another country to claim our resources for their greedy purposes... that is not BS.

Another concern, our weaponry and technology for warfare. One let down for me in ROTC was when I saw what I would have to be fighting with. Be it arm rifle, expolisive or machinery/vehicle... specially planes (air force reserve ).

Quote Originally Posted by 6shooter View Post
    Nung binabasa ko ang thread tungkol sa ROTC napaisip ako. IMHO, ang problema po natin sa bansa ay naging "selfish" na po tayo. Baka iniisip lang natin ang sarili natin? O baka mali po ako. Pero parang mas important sa atin ang personal comforts instead of sacrifice for a national good. Is that the case?

Mahilig po tayo manlait at manira. Pero tayo po ba ay mismong tumutulong para sa kinabubutihan nito. Sinasabi natin na mabuti tayong tao na di lumalabag sa batas. Pero sumusunod ba tayo sa mga traffic rules to the letter? No running of red lights? No paying off cops to avoid the hassle of a seminar?

Parang naging society tayo ng mga nakakalamang. Using money to bypass things.

At dahil dun di tayo magpapalamang din. So if our country should need us to perform the highest sacrifice would we be ready to do so?

(rememeber the line in the anthem..."ang mamatay ng dahil sa 'yo.")

This is an honest question and honesty is the best policy.

Kasi kung hindi tayo handa para mamatay para sa Pilipinas, 'wag na lang natin kakantahin ang pambansang awit. Medyo hypokrito tayo pag kinanta natin yun pero wala naman tayong balak sundin. Parang yung mag sisimba at mangungumpisal pero gagawin ulit ang kasalanan.
    this is a dumb question....would you give up your life if someone tries to take your piece of land? Everybody would.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if we're in a state of war against another country, yes definitely, I will surely defend our country.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by city View Post
    this is a dumb question....would you give up your life if someone tries to take your piece of land? Everybody would.
    apparently, not everybody shares the same sentiment as yours. hence, I wouldnt call this a DUMB QUESTION.

Here, just in case you didn't read the entirety of the thread, I quoted the responses who did not clearly said "YES, I WOULD DIE." Some fellas evaded the question or has mixed feeling about dying for the country.

yung ibang responses may mga kondisyones pa, :evillaugh

Quote Originally Posted by mikaztro View Post
    Not if the president is Gloria. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid View Post
    We can die ng walang kwenta. Like the story of Elsa and Lando. Better than dying a senseless death.

Joining the army to die for our country? Now this is senseless, since war is senseless. Negosyo lang ang gera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    I would rather die while having ***..... Die for my country?......BS!

Quote Originally Posted by 66bunny View Post
    I think the other thread mentions kung ok lang ibalik ang ROTC? And not about nationalism.

If I hate and loath ROTC, it doesn't mean I hate my country in the end.

I'm willing to kill for my country more than die for it.

"...ang pumatay ng dahil sa iyo..."

That's my sentiment.
    66bunny, well said.

"I want you to remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. You won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. (Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.)"

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRaf View Post

Another concern, our weaponry and technology for warfare. One let down for me in ROTC was when I saw what I would have to be fighting with. Be it arm rifle, expolisive or machinery/vehicle... specially planes (air force reserve ).
    How spoiled we have become. Kausap ko dati mga Vietnamese. Dati may company driver kami na sniper sa NVA. Proud sila dahil natalo nila ang mga Kano. Bakit? May nasyonalismo sila. At pride. Milyon milyon sa kanila ang namatay vs the hundred plus thousand na kano. At ang sabi ng mga Vietnamese, kahit mga bata, na handa sila lumaban kahit maubos sila. 'Wag lang sasakupin ang lupa nila. Tanong ko ngayon. Bakit kaya malapit na tayo maunahan, kung di pa naunahan ng Vietnamese?

By the way, sinubukan ng People's Liberation Army of China sakupin ang Vietnam pag ka alis ng mga Kano. Ang ginawa ng Viets ay massacre the Chinese forces.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I guess I'm not too surprised at some of the attitudes and opinions shown here. But at the same time, I've also been thinking of the Muslims down south and the passion they have for their cause. I may not agree with their cause. But, I sure have a lot of respect in their fighting ability and dedication. It's something other Pinoys should examine closely.
    Agree ako kay Jun. Remember the most dangerous enemy is one with a cause and a passion to see it through. And personally, from the sound of it, amazing how the cause of our Flag has dissipated.

Ever wonder where "makapilis" come from?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Would you give up your life for you country?