New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Tsk Tsk Tsk...

Ano na ba tong mga taong to... Beware mga Californians, even those people you help wants to rob some cash from you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3oOjVCAIP8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3oOjVCAIP8[/ame]
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I read about this also. Kaya siguro wala na masyadong goodwill sa US eh. Ikaw na nga tumulong, ikaw pa may kasalanan. I remember my Uncle told me about this case in the US where a burglar climbed up the roof of the house that he was gonna steal from but fell off and sued the owner of the house and WON! There was also this story where a woman slipped off the pavement outside a mall (it was raining then) and ended up suing the mall. Ano ba naman yan pagdulas pagkakaperahan.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Well there is a good samaritan law in California and they just need to revise it to prevent these types of lawsuits. Any case in most situations the good samaritan is not sued for helping the person in need. As far as the example of the person that slipped in the mall sidewalk you have to know the whole scenario before making a judgment. In California establishments and home owners are responsible for maintaining the sidewalk the is next to their home and establishment. If you fail to maintain it and it causes someone to slip or trip because of the lack of maintenance then you can be held liable and be sued.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayos ah, tinulungan ka na sasampahan ka na ng kaso. eh malamang sa malamang humihingi siya ng tulong don sa taong ung nung time na un.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I read about this also. Kaya siguro wala na masyadong goodwill sa US eh. Ikaw na nga tumulong, ikaw pa may kasalanan. I remember my Uncle told me about this case in the US where a burglar climbed up the roof of the house that he was gonna steal from but fell off and sued the owner of the house and WON!.
    :rofl:

Just ask the call center people to know how intelligent some of these people are. It's hilarious. hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    lol, you might also wanna ask somebody who tries to debate with them on the internet
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    LoL!! You can get sued for ANYTHING here..usually the (stupid) cases get thrown out after youve spent a ton of money trying to defend yourself.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^ let a third party liability insurance answer that...with it, the things that you have not foreseen even with you exercising the diligence of a good father, you won't be personally liable...

just take the case of Mc Donalds coffee...that guy made lots of money.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The personal injury laws in the USA are unbelievable. :nono:

Dito, goodluck if you're able to claim damages from a restaurant where you slipped and fell, or from a mall operator if your car gets damaged in their carpark.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^meron naman po sa Pinas. i think it was a case of a man who tripped while he was rushing his way to the terminal after he disembarked from the plane. the court awarded him the damages he asked...it was a landmark case i guess...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Woman Sued for Rescue Effort in Car Crash