New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga techies dyan, hope you can help me out...

my wireless connection disconnects itself after 5-10 minutes. what's worse, the network adapter (intel 3945 proset wireless) gets disabled and the only way to enable it is to re-boot the notebook. im using windows xp SP2, got a linksys router. here are the things ive done, but still didnt solve the problem:

- updated the driver of the 3945 to newer version
    - installed the latest version intel pro wireless software, used it to control wireless connection, but got an error message 'Problem applying profile' when i tried to re-connect
    - changed adapter settings, set them all to highest values (as per Intel's suggestion on Power Save Polling problem), uncheck the 'Allow Windows to power off this adapter' option
    - disabled the Intel software, used windows to control wireless connection
    - disabled windows firewall and norton internet security
    - uninstalled the intel wireless software, windows has sole control over wireless connection
    - installed a windows XP hotfix patch 893357 (hoping this would solve my problem)

any suggestions out there? 'langya gusto ko na sunugin itong notebook na ito! :mad:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    try mo install the driver from ur notebooks website, mine works from intel sites new driver worst from asus old drivers...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    please post your tech related inquiries at www.gadgets.ph

thanks!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    dami talaga sakit sa ulo ang Wifi, thats why i sold my wifi setup last year and went back to wired network. walang sakit sa ulo at super bilis pa. my supplier friend once told me that its in the nature of wifi to be disconnected from time to time..add to that the software and hardware problems that crops up from time to time...ugh

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    try mo update yung firmware ng router and check the settings also.
    Last edited by knight23; May 25th, 2006 at 05:59 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    dami talaga sakit sa ulo ang Wifi, thats why i sold my wifi setup last year and went back to wired network. walang sakit sa ulo at super bilis pa. my supplier friend once told me that its in the nature of wifi to be disconnected from time to time..add to that the software and hardware problems that crops up from time to time...ugh
    odd... i've never had any problems with my wireless connections at all. With different notebooks or desktops even (Dell, IBM, Apple, Clones, etc.) and even different routers / ap's (Linksys, Asus, Apple, Dlink, etc.) and even different OS's (Win2k / XP / OSX ).

they never disconnect on me either. i think it's just a matter of settings.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by need4speed
    odd... i've never had any problems with my wireless connections at all. With different notebooks or desktops even (Dell, IBM, Apple, Clones, etc.) and even different routers / ap's (Linksys, Asus, Apple, Dlink, etc.) and even different OS's (Win2k / XP / OSX ).

they never disconnect on me either. i think it's just a matter of settings.
    i think it depends on the type of usage, my wifi setup was for a Retail POS network and the network cannot afford to have even 1 second of downtime..yes the wifi will reconnect itself after a few seconds but we cannot afford that kind of reliability. we have to have continuous uninterrupted network connection.

my bro uses a wifi network for his DSL connection at home and he could afford the occasional disconnections since the network restores itself.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah a POS system... much more reliable indeed for a wired connection. i thought it was just plain browsing or games.

but i'd think a few tweeks would still make the wirless solution workeable.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrox
    mga techies dyan, hope you can help me out...

my wireless connection disconnects itself after 5-10 minutes. what's worse, the network adapter (intel 3945 proset wireless) gets disabled and the only way to enable it is to re-boot the notebook. im using windows xp SP2, got a linksys router. here are the things ive done, but still didnt solve the problem:

- updated the driver of the 3945 to newer version
    - installed the latest version intel pro wireless software, used it to control wireless connection, but got an error message 'Problem applying profile' when i tried to re-connect
    - changed adapter settings, set them all to highest values (as per Intel's suggestion on Power Save Polling problem), uncheck the 'Allow Windows to power off this adapter' option
    - disabled the Intel software, used windows to control wireless connection
    - disabled windows firewall and norton internet security
    - uninstalled the intel wireless software, windows has sole control over wireless connection
    - installed a windows XP hotfix patch 893357 (hoping this would solve my problem)

any suggestions out there? 'langya gusto ko na sunugin itong notebook na ito! :mad:
    Ever since ganyan na siya or recently lang lumabas ang ganyang problema? Have you tried to reset the router kapag nawawalan ng connection. Research mo yung router model mo, baka may issues with regards to wifi connections. Also try removing temporarily yung mga security settings nung router just to see if anything would change.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    - laklak : ever since i got my asus notebook ganito na e. im thinking baka hindi compatible yung router ko sa wireless card ??? ill check the router settings too.

- radiazone : you got an asus as well? i'll try to download the drivers from the asus website & install them.

- mazdamazda : sorry po, next time post ko sa gadgets.ph

- the rest: salamat sa mga suggestions/replies, ill try to fix my connection again tonite. hopefully this thing gets fixed. oks lang sana kung na-cu-cut ang connection, pero naka-disable na yung network adapter afterwards, di ako maka-reconnect unless mag-reboot at this point when i do a shut-down, pati yon nag-ha-hang...i have to turn-off the notebook via the power button, wait 10 secs, then reboot. kakainis!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Wireless Disconnection Problem