New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    ika nga namin -- try it on a hotspot, if it still disables your wireless network adapter...then you have narrowed down the problem either with your OS, driver or hardware.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetOls
    medyo O.T.

i'm new with laptops...i got an acer laptop...there's a bluetooth and wifi toggle switch infront...

question 1 -- should the indicator (orange led) for the wi-fi be off when builtin wireless is disabled? coz mine just goes steadily lit when disabled and flashing if enabled.

question 2 -- features of the laptop did not include bluetooth, but then may toggle switch den infront just beside the wifi, could this just be a provision for bluetooth at kailngan paren ng adapter? i just won't light up even when i installed an adapter although the BT adapter works. hmm...
    as far as i know BT and wifi use the same frequency band therefore when one device is on the other should be off

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrox
    mga techies dyan, hope you can help me out...

my wireless connection disconnects itself after 5-10 minutes. what's worse, the network adapter (intel 3945 proset wireless) gets disabled and the only way to enable it is to re-boot the notebook. im using windows xp SP2, got a linksys router. here are the things ive done, but still didnt solve the problem:

- updated the driver of the 3945 to newer version
    - installed the latest version intel pro wireless software, used it to control wireless connection, but got an error message 'Problem applying profile' when i tried to re-connect
    - changed adapter settings, set them all to highest values (as per Intel's suggestion on Power Save Polling problem), uncheck the 'Allow Windows to power off this adapter' option
    - disabled the Intel software, used windows to control wireless connection
    - disabled windows firewall and norton internet security
    - uninstalled the intel wireless software, windows has sole control over wireless connection
    - installed a windows XP hotfix patch 893357 (hoping this would solve my problem)

any suggestions out there? 'langya gusto ko na sunugin itong notebook na ito! :mad:

i have the same setup as yours. wifi linksys router with 2 laptops and 1 desktop * home. 3 users kami eh.

nangyari na sa kin yan. are you running your router at default? yun ba iba PC mo (kung meron) sa home network, na discon din?

what I did was to hard reset the router and re-input all the settings para mag refresh (the one where you use a paper clip to reset the router). and I dont use Dynamic Addressing scheme na. I disabled the DHCP server of the router. and assigned static IP's sa lahat ng PC's namin. and I also assigned about 15 DNS Servers addresses statically para nde na magkaprob sa sa loading ng websites.

then I enabled WEP encryption sa router and the 3 PC's. di na nagkakaproblema.

WEP encryption isn't necessary pero I did it coz one time nakita ko modem namin nag blink ang Transmit/Receive LED paggising ko sa umaga eh tulog pa lahat, meaning may nag-access from the outside. siguro kapitbahay namin din na may wifi laptop.

if in case laptop mo nga, like the intel pro wireless resetting. nangyari din sa akin yan eh. what i did was to uninstall everything the intel proset wireless driver, and Windows XP's network properties, like TCP/IP, Client for MS etc ... somehow it did the trick.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    another thing I forgot to mention

there is also another problem with our wifi linksys router that I have encountered. the default wireless channel of wifi is in the 2.437Ghz. seems harmless. pero putsa
    tatlong araw inubos ko to solve this problem ...

yun pala cordless phone eh gumagamit din ng 2.437Ghz * default at pinagtabi ko pa yun router and yun cordless phone sa bahay. nagkaroon siguro ng overlapping/distortion sa signal or something.

two solutions here, change your wireless channel sa router or ilayo mo cordless phone mo sa linksys router.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    if in case laptop mo nga, like the intel pro wireless resetting. nangyari din sa akin yan eh. what i did was to uninstall everything the intel proset wireless driver, and Windows XP's network properties, like TCP/IP, Client for MS etc ... somehow it did the trick.
    i think the laptop is the problem because my gf's notebook doesnt get disconnected from the wireless network like what's happening to me. ive tried to uninstall intel proset s/w & driver before but it didnt work, i think ill uninstall XP components as you suggested.

thanks!!!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    or maybe u have a bad minipci wireless card....

have it replaced sa asus service center libre pa yan kasi 2 years warranty...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by radiazone
    or maybe u have a bad minipci wireless card....

have it replaced sa asus service center libre pa yan kasi 2 years warranty...
    yup, it could be a bad wireless card too.

anyway, ill be going to a friend's place tomorrow to check out the laptop's connection there. he's using a dlink router. hopefully it will identify w/c component is the culprit (laptop or router). ill let you know how it turns out. :D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Wireless Disconnection Problem