New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    salamat sa mga warnings. i have heard the issues about communication and the french train system. siguro mag papasama na lang ako sa mga young and cute mademoiselles sa Paris office namin :naughty2:

i do need to pick up a few things...plus yung kasama kong gels mahilig magshopping so magandang idea yang Galeries Lafayette. i have to stay in the Paris area (half business/half pleasure ang trip namin eh) so di pede mag daytrip unfortunately

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dazedchiq View Post
    [SIZE=6]M54 --- SAMA AKO!!! :D please???[/SIZE]
    alis namin sa friday afternoon na....magpabook ka na!!

kita tayo sa MIA airport

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    ey guys. empy is waiting for some tip in you know what.:naughty2:

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    to see the skinny dipping it may be prudent to go to the riviera pero if you have no time out then maybe next time.

i particularly like hanging out at the latin quarter. interesting how the roads are from possibly the roman era. with the sewage in the center. i was able to hook up with some underground film peeps there and it felt like "lost in translation" jumping from club to club the locals hang out in. i particularly remembered marais for that. i have some friends there i meet up with kasi and they take me around. they also live in manila so when we are here we meet. I prefer not taking the touristy thing kasi and brush up on my horrible french and hang with the locals. yet they appreciate it when you try.

funny enough is my french boss took me to pigalle where the moulin rouge was and the prostitutes spoke to me in some tagalog words. It was also equally interesting there.

try montmarte as well. but if you really do have time try checking out the versailles. and i liked the flea market type thing next to georges pompidou and place the concorde where they beheaded the royals. hope i spelled things right for the francophiles here.

d'accord?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    oh and wag ka mahiya to try to chat up the local ladies. they appear rude pero they warm up easy and you know...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Paris is the most beautiful city in the whole world. I can't stress this enough. hehehe..... It's like the whole city is a museum... and ultra clean to (specially when compared to rome).

You have to see versailles. may day trip naman... and see the reason why the monarchy ended. hehehe... there's no other display of excess that could top it.

you have to stay longer

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    (half business/half pleasure ang trip namin eh)
    hanef sa palusot ah :evillaugh

happy trip kapatid, iwan mo muna sakin yung tureg mo. parating na si Dean, baka kailanganin ko yan dito sa Biloxi.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    babalik kami next year...hopefully for a week or two at kasama si wifey instead of these cabrons from work :hihihi: so next year na siguro ang Versailles and hopefully the French Riviera...also i'm probably going to save the Louvre for next year also because i want to spend a whole day (or more) there and i don't think i can get my coworkers to agree to that.

Karding - nasa Biloxi ka ba nakastation ngayon? sana hindi nga kayo madale ni Dean :pope:

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    I agree with fireblade that Paris is beautiful and at the same time a bit scary especially so if you cannot understand French! (hehehehe) If you ask some of them, for exapmple along the street; "Parles vous anglais?" (Do you speak English?), they will say " No parlez vous pas!" It means "I don't speak English".

MP, Let me share with you a few of the commonly used sentences/phrases in French:
    "Comment ca va?" (pronounced as 'coment sa va') - How are you?
    "Ca va!" (pronounced as 'sa va') - Am good, am ok!
    "Tres Bien" (treb yan) - Very good!
    "Bonjour" (bonjur) - good morning / good day
    "Bon Soir" (bon swa) - good night
    "Bon Nuit" (bon wi) - good evening
    "Salute" (salut) - Cheers!

Enjoy your trip! Oh by the way, if you are near Champs Elysees, andun ang mga major Car Showrooms! You might want to take a looksie na rin! Me shopping at maraming mga kainan na doon! Meron masarap na bakeshop along Champs Elysees, kahelera ng Marriot Hotel that sells very nice "Macaroons!" If you're a sweet tooth, don't miss this opportunity! Pinipilahan din ang mga sandwiches nitong store na ito pag lunch time!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver View Post
    Paris is the most beautiful city in the whole world. I can't stress this enough. hehehe..... It's like the whole city is a museum... and ultra clean to (specially when compared to rome).

You have to see versailles. may day trip naman... and see the reason why the monarchy ended. hehehe... there's no other display of excess that could top it.

you have to stay longer
    illusion lang po na malinis siya. pag tumawid ka sa mga tulay sa left and right bank at pansinin niyo ang gilid ng tulay puros basura tulad ng mga lata ng coke etc. plus yung mga locals minsan dudura sa mga boats na tumatawid. at may etchas ng aso sa mga sidewalk. sa kanila swerte nga kung naka apak ka ng dumi ng aso sa kaliwa o kanan paa mo. pero kahit ganun napaka grand ng siudad. awesome.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
where to go/what to see in Paris?