New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    [SIZE=2]Recently I had my passport renewed in Singapore because my company cannot wait for (atleast) 7-working days (as per our ticketing agent) due to the fact that I had to live for my next assignment ASAP. I managed to have my passport renewed overnight. Since then the question "why does it take so long back home to process my passport" (or I guess any government issued document for that matter) has been bugging me. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]My kababayan colleagues told me that it's most likely due to the volume of applications back home. Given that this is the case, can't they like augment their workforce so that they could hasten the processing time? I don't think there is such a thing as a peak or lean season for passport applications so I guess they need not worry about having to hire excess personnel.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Then I stumbled upon the PIA and a link to the DFA site:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Excerpt from the DFA site:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Q. How long does it take to have the passport processed?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]A. It usually takes six (6) working days to have it processed but for Overtime Processing, it takes only two (2) working days.[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
    Can't things really be done in a hasty (but efficient) way without having to pay extra for things like "overtime processing"?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    My answer: yes. Nakapag-renew na ako ng passport overseas while on assignment. One week lang.

I have two friends who her passport due to theft while waiting for her companions at JFK on their way back. The Phil. Consulate got her passport replaced 1-2 days.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    di ba parang weird? sa mga consulate kaya ng 1-2 days (nung ginawa sa singapore yung sa akin, overnight lang). ba't di kayang gawin sa "homecourt" natin?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaya overnight dito basta in ectreme emergency, cousin ko nagawa na yan bukas ang alis then expired na pala yun passport nakuha the next morning yun passport kaagad...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Kaya ng one to two days dito sa atin kaso may extra fee na binabayad to expedite the process. 2-3 days lang, kuha na. And don't believe your ticketing agent. Yung travel agent namin dito sa office eh nagagawa ng paraan i-process yung mga passport renewals ng mga colleagues ko na ASAP ang alis within 1-2 days. Nasa paraan lang yan pero take note ha, legal na paraan. Like I said, kaya dito sa atin: bayad ka lang ng extra fee. May resibo naman to prove na nagbayad ka to expedite the process.

Yung sa fwend ko, different situation kase yung single entry visa nila eh would expire on the day following that when they lost their passport so the Phil. Consultate assisted them in getting their passports replaced at makakuha ng temporary US visa para makauwi.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    di ba parang weird? sa mga consulate kaya ng 1-2 days (nung ginawa sa singapore yung sa akin, overnight lang). ba't di kayang gawin sa "homecourt" natin?
    Maybe there are so many applications being processed here - hence the longer time. In the consulates, how many are the applicants in a day. Maybe, 1 or 2 only in a day, week or even a month.

:coffee: 3011

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ofcourse kaya ng ticketing yun. :-D babayaran lang nila yung "overtime processing" then charge sa company. actually wala namang kaso sa akin nun yung matagal, actually advantage pa nga sa akin yun dahil mapapahaba bakasyon ko.
    kung volume ng applications ang dahilan ng lag -- ba't di sila magdagdag ng tao?
    basically di ko 'to rant, siguro naawa lang ako dun sa mga nakapila sa mga DFA offices na nadadaanan ko. sa aming magkakatrabaho walang problema dahil may taga-gawa para sa amin. anyways...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    can you say "bureaucracy"? one definition of it is "cash flow improvement and job preservation through predetermined and purposeful application of processes designed to make a simple task tedious".

1, the system was purposely designed so that people who need to get their passports quickly will then need to pay an extra amount to get it "done" fast. no matter if they can finish your passport in 1 day, you will be made to wait and they will deliver it after 6 days. you are not really paying "overtime", you are just paying so you do not have to wait 6 days. your passport was probably printed on the same hour you completed the requirements, they just wanted you to pay the extra "overtime fee".

2, the process was designed so that it will be such a hassle going to the dfa. that is where the courrier system comes in. you do not want to que on the long lines at the dfa, then you pay extra.

job preservation comes in when they make everyone believe that it takes 6 days to print a passport because the department does not have the manpower to do it. if the dfa is undermanned then you can't really fire anyone can you? there is also more bargaining points when salary scale review comes up, "we can't afford to lose these people..." blah blah blah.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ano nang nangyari don sa project nang DFA na i update yung passport natin?? Para maging international standard na?

Di ba sila nahihiya.. yung passport na lang natin ang hand written..

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    alam nyo ba kung gaano katagal kumuha ng US passport? Buwan ang binibilang at kelangan mo pang pumila ng napaka aga, mas madali pa kumuha dito sa atin mga 1 hr lang ang processing time ko. Ofcourse ang US passports ay may built in device yung passport nila i just forgot the exact name of the technology they are using.

I dont see anything wrong with the 6 day wait, kasi ganun din kesyo 2 days o 6 days, kelangan mo pa din talagang balikan passport mo.
    Last edited by laklak; June 8th, 2007 at 12:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Passport Processing