New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 433 of 537 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483533 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 5365
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Around here, winter weather (ice, snow, cold/extreme heat, road salt, etc) can do a bad number on most finishes.
    yespo.
    we are lucky, our weather here is more forgiving than yours over there.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    yespo.
    we are lucky, our weather here is more forgiving than yours over there.
    Yup. Manila weather is mostly wet or dry. I preferred wet when I was there. At least, my face didn't feel like it had a coating of tar whenever I wiped with a hanky. We had a helper who did our laundry. She always complained my hankies looked like I wiped them on hot asphalt.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Yup. Manila weather is mostly wet or dry. I preferred wet when I was there. At least, my face didn't feel like it had a coating of tar whenever I wiped with a hanky. We had a helper who did our laundry. She always complained my hankies looked like I wiped them on hot asphalt.
    well,
    we do currently need rain to fill up our dams...
    walang glaciers dito... only boondocks.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well,
    we do currently need rain to fill up our dams...
    walang glaciers dito... only boondocks.
    I hope you get it. It's hard to imagine the Philippines without water. The Philippines is the most fertile country I ever lived in. Throw any seed or rotten fruit away and there's always some plant that sprouts from them.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Around here, winter weather (ice, snow, cold/extreme heat, road salt, etc) can do a bad number on most finishes. Just two years into living in Upstate New York, The screws that held my rear plates in place were totally corroded over.
    Where you at in Upstate NY? I worked in Albany before. I lived in Cohoes, just beside the Hudson River.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I hope you get it. It's hard to imagine the Philippines without water. The Philippines is the most fertile country I ever lived in. Throw any seed or rotten fruit away and there's always some plant that sprouts from them.

some years ago,
    the car owner was begging the car-impounder,
    "sir, pagbigyan nyo na kami! kaka-parada ko lang yang kotse namin nung isang araw..."
    "anong nung isang araw! eh, ang lago-lago na ng dahon sa ilalim niyan, ah!"
    heh heh.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Where you at in Upstate NY? I worked in Albany before. I lived in Cohoes, just beside the Hudson River.
    We lived by the eastern coast of Lake Ontario....right in the path of all the winter lake effect snow. It's funny because we'd be cloudy with new snow accumulations rising past my knees while 10 miles away, the skies were clear.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Oh, yeah. Something woke me up just before I posted here. I heard a lot of coyotes howling outside.....lots of em. I think I'll stay put inside.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Padyak [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Tinkertime Friday....Bud sent over his hobo find. An updated $40 latch for $12. Slightly thicker to cure butt rattle.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk