New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    kaya pala pinost mo yung article

kasi nag b-bike ka
    Oo last year ako nagsimula magbike. Pero gamit pa din ako kotse. Nakita ko yung benefit nung bike= No traffic, No gas, No parking fees. No reklamo. (Yung natipid napunta sa pagkain ko.)

Example kung punta ka greenhills from sm centerpoint. Aabutin ka 45 minutes. Pipila ka pa sa parking. Dumating time nakakapagod na ang traffic. Wala naman mangyayari so naisip ko magbike. Sa una takot talaga ako kasi delikado pag nakikita ko kung paano magpaandar mga motorcylce. So pinag-aralan ko kung ano dapat gawin. Hanggang ngayon pinag-aaralan ko pa din. (Isang malaki problem ng motor super tulin at snake driving at mali ang position ng side mirror nila kaya lumilingon pa din patalikod. Ako sa handle grip talaga nakakabit side mirror)

Sa situation ng metro manila hindi lahat ng tao magagawa ito dahil nga hirap nga wala kayo maliliguan sa work. Pero sa mga tao hindi empleyado or hawak nyo ang inyong oras pwede nyo itry magbike lalo na kung magisa ka lang sa kotse.

Pwede naman magsimula na hindi pa maayos ang system. Kasi kung mag-aantay pa kayo na tumino ang system lalo na sa isang third world country eh nakakapagod na din mag-antay.

Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    singapore & dubai is less polluted than manila.

you can just imagine if you would bike from QC & then office mo sa makati.
    sagap mo na lahat ng usok ng bus & the jeepneys.
    & besides, wala namang offices sa atin na may showers & anong offices ang magpo provide nito for their employees.
    Meron na gumagawa nyan kaso iilan pa lang from commonwealth to makati. Yung company na yun ok talaga nagpagawa ng shower room sa employees. Tapos meron pa sila parking sa bike. Nagkaproblem kasi dati parking dahil laging puno tap ang mahal so yung isa doon mountain biker sya nagsimula hanggang sa gumaya na ibang katrabaho.

Totoo din sabi mo nakakainis usok ng bus and jeep. Pero ako mas naiinis ako sa kotse ng tatay ko pag sumasakay ako nakakahilo. Feeling ko yung aircon or yung lawanit sa trunk. Ang toxic ng amoy. Concentrated dahil sa loob ng kotse.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Dapat (preferably high speed)trains or their equivalent public transport lang inside Metro Manila....

May mga satellite stations outside of Metro Manila, preferably malls, where people can park their cars, bikes, motorcycles and take the trains going into the Metropolis... Going back, they can shop for the day and go home in their personal rides.

Very limited na lang ang buses (at wala ng jeepneys/tricycles/pedicabs) plying the main arteries of the Metro...

At, kung papasok ang cars, bikes, motorcycles inside the Metro,- may toll....

14.6K:dj:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    it really peeves me when people put walking and biking as valid forms of public transport in the heat and humidity of Metro Manila.

i personally don't have any problem with public transportation as long as you get to your destination without being drenched in sweat and stinking like you haven't had a bath in 2 days.
    I agree. If we have a cooler climate, I would think nearly all of us wouldn't mind walking more. In fact, when I am abroad in a cold country, I tend to take more long walks.

BUT we live in the Philippines. We ahve to be realistic!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ^^ sa Baguio hindi ganyan kasi cooler climate sya.. un lang masakit sa binti pag nag bike

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I agree. If we have a cooler climate, I would think nearly all of us wouldn't mind walking more. In fact, when I am abroad in a cold country, I tend to take more long walks.

On top of that, it's also the pollution that we have. I can take long walks in SG and I don't get that sticky feeling of pollution in spite of the heat; i almost dehydrated myself though. :D Countries like SG also have a good underground walkway system between buildings to help.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter

funny how because somebody is into biking these days they now think every body should bike everywhere.

i, too, don't mind walking or biking everywhere in more temperate climates.

we should instead try to model metro manila against hong kong's network of public transportation. they have 7M people and only about 380K private vehicles. 90% of the overall daily travel is via public transport.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    On top of that, it's also the pollution that we have. I can take long walks in SG and I don't get that sticky feeling of pollution in spite of the heat; i almost dehydrated myself though. :D Countries like SG also have a good underground walkway system between buildings to help.
    I recently came from a business trip in Hong Kong where the current temperature hovers between 10C & 15C. I practically walked everywhere I went (except when I was in the MTR). Although my feet were painful, I was comfortable.

The same cannot be said in the Philippines. A simple 20 minute walk in the metro would leave me pouring out sweat like a waterfall. Fine if I was a health buff on my morning run but going to the office, I would prefer to arrive fresh and dry.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I recently came from a business trip in Hong Kong where the current temperature hovers between 10C & 15C. I practically walked everywhere I went (except when I was in the MTR). Although my feet were painful, I was comfortable.

The same cannot be said in the Philippines. A simple 20 minute walk in the metro would leave me pouring out sweat like a waterfall. Fine if I was a health buff on my morning run but going to the office, I would prefer to arrive fresh and dry.
    Even if you're walking on the covered, elevated walkway from Glorietta/Greenbelt to the Legaspi Village area, you'll arrive feeling sticky. It's nice walking there right after office hours though, especially if you're going against the traffic flow. ;)

Having said that, the Philippines is not a walking or biking friendly country (and I have the stench of the motorcycle riding messengers/employees who pass by my office to prove that). We're just too polluted and the weather too erratic just as well. The best start is to really carve out more roads and improve public transpo at the same time. You can also see the number of threads in various forums that people are inquiring to buy cars at the 100K to 200K range ("yung pinakamura, na maporma, na bago, na matipid ha" ), which points that the number of road users across income brackets will continue to rise.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    And people please STOP comparing us to our neighboring country, cuz we will never be like them.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hahaha... when I was in College, I walked and commuted a lot.

Guess what? I developed a chronic cough, my previously great complexion, which had weathered years of walking, biking and running several kilometers a day in high school, turned into the orange peel I have now and I started developing allergies to the oddest things. Turns out, I'm allergic to the rust that forms on jeepney handholds...

Some people have no choice. Unfortunately. I guess it won't be too long before we emulate Mexico, which mandates a "medical leave" every year to detoxify people who breathe in its pollution day-by-day.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What's the Big Picture and Other questions we should ask before building another road