New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My intention here is not to brag about my capacity to pay but to benchmark my expenses and find ways to save. Ako, since my wife is not working and I have mortgages to pay, my monthly budget is PXXX including tuition for 2 college students, amortization for 2 condos plus utilities and groceries. Two 5-year old cars are fully paid up so maintenance lang, insurance coverage (houses and cars) and vacations abroad every other year. I barely save from my salary except if I receive bonuses and other incentives.
    Last edited by dreamur; May 29th, 2015 at 07:15 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Percentage na lang sa akin kasi kakahiya sabihin kinikita ko eh. hehe

Mga 10-15% lang ang savings ko monthly. The rest monthly expense na including HH expenses and repairs, vehicle maintenace, payment sa condo, life insurance, land amortizations and minor investment. Sana maging 25% nang kinikita ko savings ko eventually per month.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mga 10-15% lang ang savings ko monthly. The rest monthly expense na including HH expenses and repairs, vehicle maintenace, payment sa condo, life insurance, land amortizations and minor investment. Sana maging 25% nang kinikita ko savings ko eventually per month.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    OT

Dreamur

Inedit mo pa yung value! Hehe nakita ko kaya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    If you think about it...... your mortgage payments and ammortizations ARE savings. Better yet, they are investments that grow . Your property value is worth a lot more now than when you bought your land and condos . Yet you are paying based on the old price. Good savings if I may say so.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I used to save 50% when I started working in 2009.

Since 2013 when I started paying for my gas and other car expenses, I barely get to save anything anymore. Deficit pa nga e. To make things worse, I haven't had a salary increase since then.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    OT

Dreamur

Inedit mo pa yung value! Hehe nakita ko kaya!

Mali un bro kaya inedit ko. Annual un, hindi monthly.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    If after you have kept a certain percentage of your income as savings, pos you still can afford to pay all your obligations, you're earnings are more than sufficient. Sabi nga income - savings = expenses. ✌

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    If you think about it...... your mortgage payments and ammortizations ARE savings. Better yet, they are investments that grow . Your property value is worth a lot more now than when you bought your land and condos . Yet you are paying based on the old price. Good savings if I may say so.
    Agree with you on that bro. I consider those as my savings but not free cash. In case of emergency, I might end up borrowing from somewhere as I cannot dispose those assets quickly.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Mali un bro kaya inedit ko. Annual un, hindi monthly.
    Asus!

BTT

Same as cathy, sa salary minimal lang naitatabi ko. Minsan wala din hehe.

Pero SOP all bonuses straight sa savings. It works for me.

Hindi pa rin ganun ka strict si esmi sa budget since wala pa kami baby.

Kanya kanya kami hawak sa pera namin, we share sa monthly expenses and may mutual savings account kami.

Mas marami siya pera and ipon saken, siya yung may disiplina. Ako yung gastador. Balanse lang hehe.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bro, is your partner working and helping you with the expenses or the 10-15% is purely from your own income?

Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast