New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: vacation or brand new car?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • north america vacation

4 21.05%
  • brand new car

15 78.95%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    survey lang kung tama decision ko....if you can only choose one ano pipiliin niyo....???

my wife and I are supposed to have a 6 weeks US/canada vacation this coming november-decemeber, but as fate would have it, nakabili kami ng car...not really a bad alternative since it's about time na rin siguro na mapalitan na rin yun sedan namin, but syempre offset na sa vacation....but I felt na our old sedan can still be of service for at least another year...but I was overruled...(as always)

and I think by next year ganito nanaman ang mangyayari kasi time na ulit palitan yun crv namin.....

would you rather have a vacation or a brand new car?
    Last edited by shadow; September 28th, 2007 at 09:22 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd rather have a 6 year experience than a six week one. Car.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    this year, the car was probably the better choice...november/december sa canada, anlamig!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    +1, since I have been to the US, I don't think it's such a big deal... of course, I can't afford a US vacation anyway...

What's the big deal with the US, anyhow? Want to see a pretty canyon? Go to Taroku Gorge in Taiwan. Want to see an amazing aquarium or theme park? Hong Kong. Want to see tall buildings? Malaysia or Taiwan. Want to see amazing monuments? China. Good beaches? Thailand or the Philippines. All you get in a trip to the US is the chance to spend $$$ to go around visiting all your acquaintances who live there... ...of course, that works to your advantage... we know so many people who've moved over that I doubt we'd have to stay in a hotel if we went for a month, even if we only stayed over with each set of friends just one night.
    Last edited by niky; September 28th, 2007 at 10:23 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    we would really love to go back to HK sana this Sept. kaya lang biglaang nakabili ng kotse... kaya HK would have to wait early next year na.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post
    i'd rather have a 6 year experience than a six week one. Car.
    +1 here. hehehehehe. for me and for my wife.
    but, i always take my kid out on a vacation every summer, pero local travel lang parati. it is sort of a learning experience for him kasi eh.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hindi ba medyo biased ang poll na 'to. kasi halos lahat naman tayo d2 sa tsikot forum mahilig sa kotse. hehehe

so alam nyo na rin ano ang choice ko...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *niky, we go to the US every other year for our long vacation, it's not about seeing tourist destination but for a real "forget Philippines" for 6 weeks moment...hehehe

as for Canada this will be my first time sana... yun visa ko sa canada mag expire na yata next year or sa '09 hinde ko pa nagagamit...

sa asian tour naman we always sneak in a weekend 2X every year since malalapit lang and most often than not HK ang punta namin...

kasi sa akin personally if I have my way, I will pick the vacation kesa doon sa car....kasi meron naman kaming ginagamit na 2 cars pa eh, luma lang nga late '90s model pero pwede pa rin...
    pero siyempre plastic naman ako kung sasbihin ko hinde ako excited sa new car...hehehehe
    Last edited by shadow; September 28th, 2007 at 10:22 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go for the car and a less expensive vacation elsewhere... Maybe Australia? You can plan a Sydney/Melbourne trip by yourself which saves lot. You can hire local tour companies to let you see the sites, especially in Sydney. In Melbourne, you can use a tourist guide map and a week pass for the city tram to get around to most of the sights to see.

Getting from Sydney to Melbourne can be solved by Virgin Air... online reservation and kiosk-based express check-in when you get to the airport.

Hotel? Best Western hotels offer good rates. Try checking online sites which offer discounted rates for certain dates.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Change the destination to an Asian trip or cut the planned US trip in half then buy a less expensive vehicle or a second hand car. Time spent and memories made with your wife are priceless...
    Last edited by Radical!; September 28th, 2007 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Wrong spelling!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
what would you choose?