New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    What will you do after if the plane your riding take off and after 30 min the pilot tells everybody onboard that the plane need to go back to the airport due to some technical problems...

then after after disembarking from plane, an announcement was made that the SAME PLANE will be able to depart after 4 hours...

what would you do then? will you still wait for it? or you'll just take another flight?

Also my big question is why this plane company does not divulge the exact problem of the plane to the passengers? for security reason ba?

WBR,

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hmm..if there's no additional cost to me, I'll take another flight.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    normal procedure that an airplane will return to it's origin or to the nearest airport when experiencing technical problems..depende yan what kind of airplane ang gamit..in case a loaded passenger or cargo plane, they dump their fuel before landing for safety...plane takes off with full tank but can't land full tank.
    It is up to the passenger not to board the plane again, but the airline will not treat you a no show passenger...the airline had already inform the problem...it's techinica problem, unless you will ask the pilot or the ground tech engineers they will give you the full technical details.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    normal procedure that an airplane will return to it's origin or to the nearest airport when experiencing technical problems..depende yan what kind of airplane ang gamit..in case a loaded passenger or cargo plane, they dump their fuel before landing for safety...plane takes off with full tank but can't land full tank.
    It is up to the passenger not to board the plane again, but the airline will not treat you a no show passenger...the airline had already inform the problem...it's techinica problem, unless you will ask the pilot or the ground tech engineers they will give you the full technical details.
    I'll go home nalang and get another schedule.Mahirap ng magtake chances.

IZ: Is there any technical explanation why they cant land on full tank?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Siyempre ask ko muna kung ano naging problema. Kung mukhang malaki o delikado (kasama na AC doon), lipat na lang ako ng flight and/or airline. Kung barado lang toilet or sira lang wiper, hindi na.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    I'll go home nalang and get another schedule.Mahirap ng magtake chances.

IZ: Is there any technical explanation why they cant land on full tank?
    I'll definitely change plane. A technical problem is a big concern.

A full tank can easily start a fire during landing.....

2801:clap:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Iba naman nangyari sa flight ko. Parang pareho rin ito sa situation ng thread, yung nga lang, yung plane namin, di pa nakakalipad. Sa Singapore pa ako nagwu-work noon.

Return flight ko sa Singapore aboard PAL (747 pa). Yung "tube" natanggal na, at paatras na yung plane. Then suddenly, nag-announce yung piloto, na may "technical" problems daw (di naman sinabi kung ano problema). So, balik kami sa landing bay ng plane. Disembark kami lahat. 2 hrs. ginawa yung problema. After na-fix yung problem, balik din kami sa the same plane, at nakarating naman kami ng maayos sa Singapore.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    pwede mag land ang plane with full tank but....tires might burst upon landing + the weight of the cargo and passenger....or burst into flame after tires burst.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ok lang as long as maganda ung mga stewardess hehehe

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    they dont disclose because people inside the aircraft mught panic, thats one big deal they are trying to avoid, inasmuch the pilot or the captain will flavor up his words so as not to let the passenger be frighten.

hmmm if the airplane has a good track record, and if the captain or the company declare it safe for riding, i wont mind, you wont know when a plane is to crash, if your plane is bound to crash and you to die it will happen=)

however, if postponing the trip wouldnt matter much, i will settel for that, especially if i am with my family or loves ones

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
what will you do after....??