New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If it happened to me, I'd definitely book another flight. I'm a stickler for safety, especially mine.

It hasn't happened to me yet though. The closest to a plane having technical problems for me was when the plane I was supposed to ride in had problems in the airport I was headed to. The airline sent in another plane instead. The airline staff didn't disclose the exact reason why. But, they did inform us of how much delay time and made arrangements with those who had or missed connecting flights.

My aunt did fly to RP with PAL one time. The 747 had some problems in Hawaii and the passengers had to endure the wait inside the plane for 2 hours. The jet did take off afterwards and there were no further incidents.

That airline with problems I mentioned earlier was Delta. They seem ok on the domestic flights. But, I'm leery of them on international flights. Maybe that's why Northwest Air took over their Pacific routes.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 28th, 2007 at 06:09 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    The take-off weight is higher than landing weight kaya kailangan mag dump ng fuel for you to meet your landing weight. Usually di naman full tank kung dito sa domestic ang flight. kaya if immediate ang re-land( in case na uncontrollable fire) pwede ka agad mag land kasi di mo ma exceed ang maximum landing weight mo. Di naman ibabalik ang aircraft kung di talaga matindi ang sira me redundant system naman sya pero kung umalis na ng me kulang na dun sa system kailangan na bumalik. ex.Tulad ng generator 3 ang generator ng aircraft in a two engine airplane that includes yun sa APU or auxillary power unit nya. as per Minimum Equipment List ng BOIENG pwede pa sya i dispatch pag sira yun isa basta gumagana ang APU. pero pag nasira pa ang isang generator while inflight kailangan mo na bumalik kasi isang GENERATOR nalang ang gumagana.pag matindi talaga ang problema it takes time bago i dispatch ang aircraft. kasi kailangan ma satify ang pilot flying that aircraft na ok na at dapat i release din uli ng mechanic na airworthy na ang eroplano nyo.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    misleading yung thread title hehehehe, sasagot ko sana 'punta ng banyo then uuwi na' :bwahaha:

okay lang maghintay, they know it better whether the plane is safe or not.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 109 View Post
    misleading yung thread title hehehehe, sasagot ko sana 'punta ng banyo then uuwi na' :bwahaha:
    ako pag may dalang yosi yosi muna bago punta banyo....

OT off: ill take the next flight!!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'd take additional travel insurance and take the same plane.

It depends. If my travel is urgent, I would take another flight - if there's other flight available. I think in cases like this, you could cancel your ticket without any surcharge.

:toma: 2964[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if the airline is a reputable one, i would get on the flight with no questions asked. actually, this has happened to me many times, and i have gotten on the same plane after the problem was fixed...sa awa ng Diyos buhay pa ako :angel2:

air travel is still the safest form of transport by far (in terms of hours or km traveled, according to the BBC) and the airline industry has extremely exacting standards of quality and safety. sure, they still screw up (with spectacularly disastrous results) but if you're afraid to get on a plane, you should be absolutely terrified to get in a car, on a bike, or a motorcycle (absolutely the most dangerous form of travel according to the same article)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't fly often, but it happened to me once in 85'. No, actually, we weren't on the plane yet. We were told that there were cabin ventilation problems and they shuffled us off to another airline.

Next airport... the plane we were supposed to ride arrived before we did! Asar! And when they shuffled us back onto the plane we were originally supposed to ride, we ended up sitting on the tarmac for half an hour... due to the same problem...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sir, i am a frequent flyer for two decades now but believe it or not i still have this height fobia.i usually cant sleep weeks before my scheduled flight, imagining horrable things. How can i fight this sickness.pls. help. thsnk you.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    what airline kaya tinutukoy ni innovaboy??

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    for me schedule na lang ulit.

sabi ng officemate ko, laht daw ng gamit sa plane nilalabas at pinapapalitan ng iba, sabi pa nya lahat daw measured, glass, spoon pork etc... pati gas ng plane.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
what will you do after....??