New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    What makes me proud of my father? Simply because in his own little way, he tried his best to be a good father to me and my 3 younger siblings.

My dad is far from a perfect father. Throughout my teenage years, he was mostly out of town, going home only weekly or twice a month due to work assignments in different provinces. During the times that he was home, we remember him as a strict disciplinarian. We didn’t realize back then that what he was doing was for our future.

He was also rarely emotional. In my entire lifetime, I saw him cry only three times, first was when my grandfather died, second was when I told him that I passed the board exams, the last one was when we found out that he had lung cancer last year (he is ok now after surgery and chemo). Oh and by the way, when I passed the board exams, it was the first time that he hugged me. Probably because he himself didn’t pass the board exams, so I guess that meant a lot to him. You see they were poor back then so he had to be a working student to make ends meet, and as a consequence he wasn’t able to focus on his studies.

I can remember that he had a good career in sales, unfortunately during my college years he was forced to resign after one of his subordinates leaked a confidential merger plan. He never told us about that, we only found that out from one of his officemates. I guess he didn’t want that incident to be a sign of weakness on his part. Then he ventured into business. Several years later, the construction of the MRT line in Cubao dealt a big blow to our business, diverting previous traffic flow, forcing him to close shop. We had to sell our house and 2 cars because of that. And yet after all those difficult years, he never abandoned us and made sure that our family was intact.

When I became a father myself, it was then that I realized that it was not easy being one, that it wasn’t easy forgetting yourself and putting your family first before your whims. I finally understood that my father, just like us, was far from perfect, and like us, he was also prone to all the shortcomings and misgivings that befall all of us in this imperfect world.

And so, imperfect as he is, I am proud of my father.

Sorry for the looong essay. It’s hard not be emotional when the topic is about family. HAPPY FATHER’S DAY TO ALL TSIKOTEERS!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mY dAD, the best dad for me. nothing much to say but i love you dad!

Happy Fathers Day to My Dad And all Dad's here in tsikot! may God Bless and Wish you and your family strong bond and friendship

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    he didn't kill me even when i richly deserved it :evillaugh

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I never grew up with my dad...they got separated during my early age. But what it taught us was the value of independence and self-reliance, and we (my brods and mom) stick it out all throughout kahit hanggang ngayon we all live in the same compound, na walang ibang magdadamayan kundi kami-kami din.

Sure, he has his reasons, pero what I realize now, I pity my dad. Retiring age na sya pero parang hikahos pa din, yung mga kapatid namin sa new family nya were just starting to grow up pa lang...I feel bad for him really!

Pero nonetheless, baligtarin man natin ang mundo dad ko pa din sya...Happy Father's Day 'Tay!

And to all Dads and soon-to-be-Dads TSIKOTEERS...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
    Last edited by vhenok; June 14th, 2007 at 01:48 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my pop was very strict. way too strict. i remember my childhood days wherein ang ginawa nya is pasok sa office, uwi, kain, tulog. and the cycle just goes on the on. we seldom hear him talk and for him, his job is just to bring home the bacon and not to be a father for me and my 2 sisters.

when i was in college, syempre nagkamalay na, that is when i appreciated the things that he has done and is still doing. imagine sending three people to college, and hindi naman kami sumasablay sa pagkain namin, hindi kami nagugutom and maayos naman tirahan namin and mga damit namin.

when the three of us graduated, medyo nagiging loose na sya and he retired. siguro nawala na sa kanya yung pressures to bring home the moolah and the stuff. ayun, nakikipagbiruan na sa amin and nakikipaglaro na sa mga apo nya (me and my sister's kids...)

since the topic is about the things that made us proud of our dad, i have several things here with me.

a) the first is that he had guts in admitting to us (my mom, me and my sisters) na may anak sya outside of our family. although he and the child's mom is not married, he had the face to admit that to us, and even introduced that kid to us while we are still kids (that kid is around 4 years older than me...), and he did not run away from responsibility in rearing that kid. kung ano yung tinamasa namin nun, yun din ang tinamasa nung kapatid namin sa labas. for me, he showed that he is a man, by not running away from his responsibilities.

b) the second is his perseverance. ang hirap kaya magpa-aral ng apat na bata and pinagtapos mo lahat sa good schools.... and to top that all, wala syang angal sa lahat ng hirap ng buhay (in fact, hanggang ngayon, wala pa rin syang angal...)

he may be very strict, but i would not be like this now if he is not like that before....

so to my dad, happy father's day.... dyan kami kakain sa inyo ng lunch sa linggo..... hehehehehe.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Family & Friendship that's my DAD

He is the "Vito Corleone"

Happy Fathers Day Papa.

I love you.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    nakakaiyak pala tong nagawa kong to

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    its the details, the small things that matter when it comes to my admiration for my father.

• although he was far from perfect, he made it a point na makatapos ng pag-aaral kaming dalawa ng brother ko.
    • knows how to handle people. he knew how to get along with almost everybody. he's a retired doctor and he has this ability to emphatize with anybody. he could just strike up a conversation with a stranger and within minutes, magkasundo na sila. seems to have perfected it throughout the years.
    • walang sakit ang dad ko (he's 71). everyday, 5AM gising na siya and sleeps at exactly 10PM. doesn't smoke although he takes his daily beer (but i think it agrees with him)
    • we can have the simplest up to the most spirited of conversations.
    • palaging may pagkain sa mesa. and kumakain ako ng 3 beses sa isang araw. he took care of that.

and the list goes on and on...

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    My dad is an introvert, he never was showy with his affections, he's not the malambing type... But he's very supportive of us... He was a very diligent employee, comes home immediately after work, rarely goes to any gimik and spends a lot of time at home, with us. Even if my mom's salary was higher, with his meager earnings, he was able to help mama and was never selfish. He was and still is prudent but generous (especially when he's got extra)... I treat him like my kabarkada because we enjoy the same stuff, like sports--particularly basketball (my 2 other brothers were into other things kasi), movies and the arts (now I'm doing what he used to do (graphic designing but with the aid of computers, hehehe)... he did everything manual, from stryro cutting to storyboarding and even silkscreening. Unfortunately I don't think I got his talent in painting. Anyway, he is the comedian, "tsismoso" in the family-loves showbiz/political gossips and he's our handyman as well Maybe the one thing I got from him is his resourcefulness. He can just create something out of nothing or look for any possible solutions. I love to brag more... but I don't have a lot of space here to do that I'm just so proud of him...

Anyway, Happy Dad's Day Papa! I pray I'll grow to be like you... unselfish, humble, persevering, resilient....your fidelity and love for the family will always be my inspiration ....

Happy Dad's day also to my other two siblings!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    hmmm..... ano ba? father ko proud ako, galing magdrive, 17years old magstart mag drive 10wheeler truck. heheh!! and good in karate and chicks hehehe!!! preo dead na sya e. sumalangit nawa sya...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
what makes you proud of your dad?