New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    5 days to go and its Father's Day. love them or hate them, they brought us to this world, raised us in different ways good or bad or others may even be abandoned. but whatever, they're still our father.

if you grew with him? what would make you proud of him? i'll start...

my parents got separated when i was 10yrs old. my 2 siblings went with my mom and me to my dad due to my studies. after schoolyear, my mom took me and left my dad alone. after more then a year, they realized how difficlut for us to grow without a father, my dad come to my mom to fetched us and reconciled again until we grow up , finishd our studies and became professionals. but it was never easy for my dad since he's not a professional, he does upholstery works and drive for my uncle who owns a truck body builder.

now he's 62, life has never been quite the same, he tends to his sari-sari store and bilyaran with my mom and 2 sissies. he must be missing his other 3 children, who are on their own. so many imperfections, but he's still the same 'ol dad who's always always when you need him.

Happy Father's Day fellow Tsikotters!

He raised 5 boys, now he has a head full of white hair

Happy Fathers day Dad and to all of your Dads!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    My late tatay never finished his engineering studies at Mapua because he and my nanay got married young. His first work was a clerk at a bicycle store along Grace Park, Caloocan and several odd-jobs for the next six or seven years. While working days, he studied short courses at night and during weekends for several years. After six or seven years, he was hired as a supervisor for a lumber firm and rose to the rank of plant manager through his hard work after a few years. He continued to take short courses during evenings and weekends.

He then ventured into the insurance industry first as a salesman and later as a junior underwriter for a non-life insurance firm. Over the years, he rose up the steadily in the ranks. Before he passed away a decade or so ago, he was the Executive Vice President and General Manager for one of the oldest insurance companies in the Philippines and one of the respected and known persons in the non-life insurance circle.

Not bad for a man that never finished college and who came from a poor farming family.

Happy father's day 'Tay....wherever you are. I have been and would always be proud of you and I just hope that I would have half the integrity, dignity and courage that you had during your lifetime.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; June 13th, 2007 at 10:19 AM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    He served Region 4 well

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    nakaka touch naman mga stories of your dads. my tatay raised all of us 9 children by working while finishing his studies, he eventually became a cpa. all of us finished our college studies. can't imagine raising 9 kids in these times. ako nga 2 kids lang parang kakapusin na sa gastos but God is gracious all the time! now he is 83 yrs old and a cancer survivor. I thank God for my Tatay!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my dad took the road less travel... he can easily manage their family biz and made money, but instead he made his own road faced obstacles and made a name on his own...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    He's a good swimmer, good self defense skills, nice hand writing.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    he tried his best...happy father's day pop!

happy father's day to all the baby daddies here at tsikot.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    my dad was top 11 in bar exams of his days. i'm proud of it bec. I only found out in their discussion of the recent bar exams sa golf course. he never told me that.

all I can remember was that he had a hard-time supporting his schooling in the 60's and 70's in Manila. My grand dad never supported him. my grandpa was too busy being drunk and wooing women in bars, and being a chief of police at that. my step grandma was once daw the top bar dancer in their town

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    he's a good provider..
    a loving dad and a husband..

most of all.. a good baby maker...

eh pucha ipanganak ba naman akong guwapo eh..

nyahahahha wag na mangialam... TATAY KO ITO!!!!...
    and IM PROUD.. heheheh

Happy father's Day.....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
what makes you proud of your dad?