New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My dad is a man of integrity. He never forced us to be anything we didn't want to be. Never forced us to be ambitious.....just live a good, clean life.

Although he chooses to play second fiddle to mom, I know he's tough and disciplined. Orphaned as a pre-teen boy during WW2 and the eldest of 5 kids, he raised my younger uncles and aunt during the post-WW2 years. They're now scattered all over the US and live quiet, successful lives. They owe their success to my dad as do I. I have nothing but admiration for the man.....

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    When I was younger, I thought of my Papa as an oppressor. Lagi nya akong pinapagalitan and gives me an early curfew, actually earlier than my girl barkadas! And he was VERY strict! Then as I grew older, I realized that he had done everthing for a reason: for me to be strong, independent and mature. I love my dad for that! Anothr thing, he is the first person I will get in touch when I need someone, especially in emergencies and he has NEVER foresaken me!

I love you with all my heart Papa!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    He was there when i was down.. he was there when i needed support and still he was there when the whole world turned their backs on me..I am very fortunate for having a dad like him..

Thanks Dad! I hope i could be one like you when my time comes to be a dad..

Happy Father's Day! :hug:

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Chip off the old block - He's a perfectionist, and while I still have to become one myself, I think his stories and values have taught me well.

Being a doctor, he's always looked after our health. Being a photographer, he taught me to look at things in a different perspective. Being a car enthusiast, he taught me that a car reflects who you are. Being a chairman of their department, he taught me that you have to work and earn your way up the ranks. Being a traveller, he taught me to explore more and broaden my horizons. Being a provider, he taught me that money isn't everything. And being a perfectionist as I mentioned above, he taught me it can never be reached.

Happy father's day to all dads, papas, fathers, tatays, and amas. Thinking of getting him something tonight before I drive home. Hmmmm

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    After reading your posts, nalungkot naman ako sa tatay ko...he abandoned us since I was 12 yrs old and never made any effort to support us even with food. I remember the times when I had to ask "maling" and corned beef de latas from my kabarkada na kapit bahay...there was also a time I was asking for P50 for my pamasahe to college, not even a peso did he give...

Now that I have my 2 beautiful kids, I find it so hard to understand how he was able to stomach those things...which made me resolve during the difficult times that I would be a good, responsible & loving dad to my kids...sobrang sarap ng feeling to be the dad that he never was

So hard to forgive if you dont understand the reasons behind the action...i know sometimes dapat forgive na lang kaso hirap talaga eh...

oh well happy father's day to all dad's out there!

proud ako kasi tatay ko galing sa hirap, dati cook lang sa pines hotel tapos nasunog yung pines hotel, pero sa sipag at tiyaga naging manager ng metrobank, prudential life, philippine charter, d pa siya nakapag college nun. hangang manager lang sya kasi nagretire na siya ng maaga at nagbusiness. lately lang sya nagcollege, 2004 nagraduate sya ng bs business admin.. ngayon nasa uk na sila ni mama at nung isa brother ko..

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY 'TAY!

ako, 1 lang, binigyan kami ng pera, pang-aral...un lang, wala na..other than that, wala na..basta un lang... and dont tell me na minahal nya kami. dahil hindi ganun, he thought of us only as a responsibility, not a child of his..

i will be a far better father than he is to me.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    My dad never finish highschool. At the age of 16, his father died and he started selling pandesal and newspaper just to feed his 7 siblings, kasi panganay siya. Ngayon sa U.S na siya nakatira at nagtatrabaho. And he drives a car, na kahit daw sa malayo, by using the remote key, nagstart daw ung engine at aircon ng car hehehe si tatay talaga oh. I love you tay....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
what makes you proud of your dad?