New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Sa Office,

1. Turn the AC at around 8:30am instead of exactly 8 am.
    2. Turn off AC at around 5:30pm instead of 6PM. Till 6:30pm kami eh.
    3. Turn off all lights at lunch time. Use CFL light for security at night vs flourescent.

Sa haws, use 1 light at a time, plant tress that blocks the Sun in the afternoon para no need for AC when taking a nap. Get a guard dog para yung poop niya good for the plants and no need for extensive security lights at night. May pang-gulpi di gulat! hehehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I hope you also worked on window orientation against the sun. More light indeed but if the orientation is wrong, you'll be spending more on AC. The same goes with the location of your A/C units.

*LED lighting, just give it a little time and im sure it will become more affordable.
    Three Windows face the east (sunrise), so it's bathed in the sun until about 9 or 10AM. This can't be helped. But I am considering putting some awnings to cut off most of the sun in the morning. The good thing is, I don't have any windows facing the west (sunset), which is typically hotter than the morning sun.

The outdoor AC units are 80% of the time shaded during the day.

As for the LEDs, I agree that it will likely become mainstream within the next 5 years. Right now, a single E27 LED lamp (the good ones) costs almost 1k a pop.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    AC ko naka set sa 29 degrees.

Dati 26, then 27, 28, at ngayon komportable na ako sa 29.
    grabe init niyan!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Oh yeah, I might add that I use my iPad more than my desktop and netbook. That's ~150 Watts using the PC vs. maybe ~2.5 Watts using the iPad.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    grabe init niyan!
    Nagkukumot pa ako nyan. Hahaha.

Regarding shower vs tabo:

Parang mas tipid sa shower compared sa tabo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Three Windows face the east (sunrise), so it's bathed in the sun until about 9 or 10AM. This can't be helped. But I am considering putting some awnings to cut off most of the sun in the morning. The good thing is, I don't have any windows facing the west (sunset), which is typically hotter than the morning sun.

The outdoor AC units are 80% of the time shaded during the day.

As for the LEDs, I agree that it will likely become mainstream within the next 5 years. Right now, a single E27 LED lamp (the good ones) costs almost 1k a pop.
    Morning sun is quite okay. Have the same situation at home (most of the sunlight is in the AM) and its not too hot even i i turn off the A/C early. As long as you have good curtains/blinds and insulation, the cool air sticks inside.

It's the afternoon sun that's really a PITA (as is our problem in our home at the province). Best way to mitigate this is to really plant trees and assorted greenery.

A slotted overhang is a good idea in filtering the sunlight but best to observe the cycle of the sun through at least half a year or so so you can determine what kind of slats and the angle would be best suited. Sayang kasi if you put it then find that during certain times of the year, it blocks out too much morning sun.

I was checking out the LED lights at ACE Hardware last night. The fluorescent types cost around 2.6K each right now.

Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    Nagkukumot pa ako nyan. Hahaha.

Regarding shower vs tabo:

Parang mas tipid sa shower compared sa tabo.
    IMO, mas matipid shower talaga. Same goes when i wash the car, i have much less water useage when i added a spray nozzle and got a good hose (doesn't kink or crack easily and contains the strong water pressure well).

At our subdivision, waste segregation is already practiced. No waste segregation, no garbage collection.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
What have you done to be "GREEN" or "ECO-Friendly"?