New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    nag motor lang ako papasok ng school at papunta sa ospital instead of magkotse, which is more fuel efficient. hehehe however, still generate pollution, im sorry.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Hmmm, I would have thought the ref/freezer would just consume nearly the same power when you plug it back in the morning.

---------------

edit:

I'll try this out on my ref/freezer at home. I installed an electronic on/off timer to automatically switch the power. I'll check the electric bill in the next couple of months to see if there is a big difference.
    once na makapagpahinga iyong ref makakasave yan kasi constant syang tumatakbo diba?

maski sabihin na hindi full load ex 100 watts magiging 60 watts na lang. mas matipid pa rin ang patay na 0 watts per hour kaysa sa 60 watts na tumatakbo for the next 8 hours.
    Last edited by froshie1; October 9th, 2009 at 03:57 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    1.) Di na kami nagtitissue pagkatapos umebs. Diretso hugas na. Kaya ang tissue namin hindi ganun kabilis maubos.
    2.) All of my lights are CFLs except for the toilet, tinatamad pa kasi akong abutin iyong bulb na mataas.
    3.) I drive a Vios, 13km/liter and maintain it very well.
    4.) We practice waste segregation (dry and wet)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I trade-in my old car batteries when I replace my old one so I hope it gets recycled.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For pet owners, especially owners of cats and dogs:

[SIZE="5"]Dogs 'as bad for global warming as an SUV'[/SIZE]
    New book pits Greens against PETA
    Friday, October 23, 2009

PETA aren't going to like the title of a new book on sustainable living.

According to Time to Eat the Dog: The Real Guide to Sustainable Living keeping a medium-sized dog has the same impact in the environment as driving a 4.6l Land Cruiser.

By the authors' estimates, Rover wolfs down approximately 164kg of meat and 95 kg of cereal products per annum.

The land required to produce that food is 0.84 hectares (ha) (or 1.1 for a large dog), while building and driving the jeep for a year requires just 0.41 hectares of land.

Felines are not that much better, according to the Vale's research.

The average cat's eco-footprint, 0.15ha, is only slightly smaller than a Volkswagen Golf, but is still ten times a hamster's 0.014ha – itself, surprisingly, half the eco cost of running a plasma television.

By comparison, the eco-footprint of an average human in the developing world is 1.8ha, while in the developed world it's 6ha.

"There are no recipes in the book," author Robert Vale laughs. "We're just saying that we need to think about and know the (ecological) impact of some of the things we do and that we take for granted."

Convincing carnivorous cats and dogs to go vegetarian for the sake of the planet is a non-starter, the Vales say.

They recommend keeping greener, smaller, and more sustainable pets, such as goldfish, hamsters, chickens or rabbits.
    http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article...6&in_page_id=2

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    1.) Di na kami nagtitissue pagkatapos umebs. Diretso hugas na. Kaya ang tissue namin hindi ganun kabilis maubos.
    2.) All of my lights are CFLs except for the toilet, tinatamad pa kasi akong abutin iyong bulb na mataas.
    3.) I drive a Vios, 13km/liter and maintain it very well.
    4.) We practice waste segregation (dry and wet)

sir ang hirap naman yata nito mahahawakan mo parang mashed potato

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, I do try to minimize the use of tissue paper when I do my No.2s but I don't use my hands. I use a spray of water to clean my bottom.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Well, I do try to minimize the use of tissue paper when I do my No.2s but I don't use my hands. I use a spray of water to clean my bottom.
    May 'bidet' pala kayo sir gh? :naughty2:
    Bihira na lang yata may ganun sa panahon ngayon...

EDIT:
    I mean hindi naman sa matagal or luma na. I think it's costly to have it nowadays. Naglagay kasi ako sa isang project namin during the planning stage , ayun pinagalitan ako ng mentor ko , . Apprentice pa lang ako that time.
    Last edited by KERSMcRae; October 26th, 2009 at 05:31 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KERSMcRae View Post
    May 'bidet' pala kayo sir gh? :naughty2:
    Bihira na lang yata may ganun sa panahon ngayon...
    I don't know if it's rare or not. The house I grew up in had them. So it was just but natural to have them in my home now. It's just a "spray head" in the bowl. I find it cleaner and more convenient to use than tissue paper to clean up after my No.2s.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGF View Post
    sir ang hirap naman yata nito mahahawakan mo parang mashed potato
    Sa iyo naman galing iyon eh so walang kaso. At usually ginagawa ko tabo muna ng 3 beses. Mawawala na iyong bakas ng etchas nun pag tinabo mo na. Tabo and water works pag wala ka noong sprayer na katulad ni GH.

Besides throwing tissues with ebak in your toilet bowl is a no no. Makaka save ka pa sa maintenance cost ng poso negro mo.

What have you done to be "GREEN" or "ECO-Friendly"?