New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Ano ba, is Mediocrity in the genes of the Pinoy.

After the Hostage Fiasco, may pabaon pang katangahan.

BUS HIJACKING VICTIMS BODIES MIXED UP- Wall Street Journal

The Philippine government suffered another public stumble over last week’s deadly hostage crisis in Manila, as authorities there sent the bodies of three of the Hong Kong victims to the wrong families.

Workers place a coffin containing the body of one of the hostage victims into a wooden crate before its flight back to Hong Kong.
    The bodies of the eight victims were flown back to Hong Kong last Wednesday. The South China Morning Post reported today, however, that later that night, one family discovered a mixup after opening what they thought was their relative’s coffin at a morgue. After that discovery, the SCMP said, the other seven coffins were opened, showing three of the bodies had been mixed up.

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2...rong-families/
    This story also appeared in the BBC, AFP and the Straits Times today.

The BUNGLING FOOLS are wrecking the Pinoy's image around the world.
    Last edited by marg; September 2nd, 2010 at 09:14 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Bashing our way of life is acceptable, because facts are facts. But the racism is another story....

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mga pinoy kasi mabawbaw kaligayahan. Kahit inuupakan ng insulto, panay ngiti lang. Bahala na sa diyos kung tumama tayo sa lotto...
    Last edited by Monseratto; September 2nd, 2010 at 09:17 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Who the **** is this Tiffany Chui? A nobody for somebody?

And how many voices of so-righteous pinoy actually were heard and spoken when filipinos abroad are being maltreated?

The wave of negativity against Filipinos over the hostage-killing event is just that.....negative and racist.

Nobody wanted it to happen. It is unfortunate. Now they are bashing us (and some of us bashing us) then we will just take it?

No. And if persons abroad feeling shame over being a filipino....they ALREADY were even before this event. Look at their passports. Hindi na pilipino mga yan.

As a country and a people we sympathize with the victims. But we should not allow ourselves to be a victims either.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    meh, I don't feel like being a Filipino anyway
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ok lang for me. Nobody's perfect and hindi naman tayo pikon mga Pinoy. Though there are some na talagang "balat-sibuyas" that usually lack common sense and all.

My two cents.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    a lot of comments from foreigners are true, at least from what i've read. di naman dapat ikagalit mga criticisms and other observations.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    don't really care, most of it is true anyway.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    ^ true eto lang talaga ang problema ko dito sa'tin. ambagal ng pace ng buhay

for example, i'm in a condo. ambagal ng elevetor kasi ang dami sumasakay kasi ang dami nakatira sa condo

if i go to nearby 7-eleven just to have snack, pipila ako sa sa DIY food kiosk then pipila na naman ako para magbayad

if i go to Metrowalk or Eastwood, traffic papunta dun then when I reach these places, hahanap naman ako ng parking. tapos pagdating ko sa resto, waiting

and to think i live in a suburban area where it is more efficient than say living in QC or Paranaque na may mga tricycle, pedicabs, jeepneys pa

sa NY, would you believed I covered 26 streets <i walked from 34th street to 61st street) in less than an hour. pagod din ako pero hindi ba hapo na pagdating mo sa destinasyon you're function 50% na lang both sa enthusiasm and energy. grabe ang elements dito, humidity, foot traffic, people cris-crossing hay pilipinas.

----

but i do mind PInoy bashing. marami talaga sa katulad natin ang sadyang pusong mamom or magnet sa mga negative issues like that. the thing is ganun na nga ang karamihan sa'tin mga kababayan dadagdagan pa natin. it's not helping imho.

when one of our own got in trouble sa ibang bansa, yun mga nationals ng bansa na iyon won't give a rat's ass or time para i-bash ang police nila or gobyerno nila just bec. a Filipino tourist got hurt or killed in their turf.

accepted ko naman we are all treated as 2nd class people all over the world dahil na din sa reputation ng bansa na'tin. but i will not participate in putting down my own people. in doing so, will not absolve me of who i am or where i come from. naalala ko tuloy yun mga kebigan ko na gamit ng gamit quotes from the bible to attack somebody they hate sa facebook, imho self-righteous pricks who think sila lang ang anak ng diyos.

para sa'kin if you think you're a saint, then don't go attack / bash the sinners.

Nagkuwento na tuloy si bro. jimnyeatworld ng kanyang biyahe sa East Coast of the USA..... Ang layo naman ng nilakad mo (34th to 61st St)!

Naalala ko tuloy ang palaging sinasabi ng aming Beijing City Tour Guide (a University student) last Aug2008 kapag may mga palpak na ginagawa ang mga Chinese sa kalye (like Jaywalking, spitting et al...).... "We are just too many....."

10.7K:naughty:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Well what do you expect from a third world country..... Why compare a Third world country to a developed or a developing country?

I just feel sorry for tiffany... it seems that her environment comprises of uneducated individuals.... maybe she should try relocating to a much better place if she wants to mingle with intellectuals, well that is if she could afford it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
What Do You Feel When Pinoys Get Bashed?