New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The hostage rescue fiasco in Manila and Venus Raj's choke in the Miss Universe 2010 have elicited a variety of bashing, and a healthy amount of those coming from foreigners.

Ideally, we should brush aside generalizations, but sometimes, the statements just hurt. Consider the image below; it is an excerpt from a recent Magazine interview with an expat who currently works in Manila. Upon reading, one couldn't help but feel bad about the statements given out. Should we, as a people, get affected by such things?

Direct links to the source:

http://page.issuu.com/100824131759-8...ge_22.swf?ut=1

http://page.issuu.com/100824131759-8...ge_23.swf?ut=1

Link to the magazine's site: http://www.gaming-awards.com/magazine/index.html

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Truth hurts. Pero ok lang.

Pero, Tiffany....Niloloko mo ata kami eh. Pinipintasan mo English ng Pinoy....ikaw nga eh "day to day basic", ano yun? :hysterical:
    Last edited by chua_riwap; September 2nd, 2010 at 07:25 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Di ba obvious. Mababa talaga tingin ng foreigners sa atin...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    :hysterical: Philipino, hahahaha. WTH. :bwahaha:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't mind the foreigner-bashing so long as it doesn't get to the point of racism or bigotry. We are probably just as guilty in dishing out ridicule for their pungent body odor, poor hygiene or lack of manners.

What does bother me, from reading some of the posts in certain forums is that there are quite a lot of Filipinos who detest or even abhor their own ethnicity. You can tell by the kind of hate they spread and the seething venom which drips from what they write.

Take the recent Quirino Hostage Tragedy, for example, I can't fathom why they take such satisfaction in laying all the blame on the President when it was a chain of events which led to the hostage taker doing the shootings. They say it was lack of leadership, lack of training, lack of experience, etc. Plus, the fact that you're incurring the wrath of Hong Kong (as if the incident itself were enough to trigger all-out war).

At the end of the day, its like self-flaggelation over what is already a tragic, senseless and embarassing incident who nobody wanted to happen anyway.

What I'm trying to say is, you can raise hell and shake your fist all you like against the government, the people who run it, or the system which put them there, but you probably can't look yourself in the mirror and just feel a little bit stupid for telling the world that our country and our race are just not worth this miserable existence.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hay Tiffany love na kita.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Di ba obvious. Mababa talaga tingin ng foreigners sa atin...
    no doubt. quite honestly, yung sinasabi na everything is on slow motion here... well cant argue with that. yung nasa new york kami when i was young, yung cousin ko was always on the move. no time to show us around.

i think they observe an 15-18hour work day there.:bokmal:

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Actually I dont mind, I just tell myself sila yun hindi ako. Its all in the mind, if you feel inferior then thats what you radiate and act like, thats how people will treat you. It you are confident and act accordingly people will respect you. Karamihan kasi ng pinoy may inferiority complex (mostly the uneducated)kaya ayan, inferior na gawa, inferior galaw. Lahat tuloy palpak.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I too like bashing pinoys
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    no doubt. quite honestly, yung sinasabi na everything is on slow motion here... well cant argue with that. yung nasa new york kami when i was young, yung cousin ko was always on the move. no time to show us around.

i think they observe an 15-18hour work day there.:bokmal:
    ^ true eto lang talaga ang problema ko dito sa'tin. ambagal ng pace ng buhay

for example, i'm in a condo. ambagal ng elevetor kasi ang dami sumasakay kasi ang dami nakatira sa condo

if i go to nearby 7-eleven just to have snack, pipila ako sa sa DIY food kiosk then pipila na naman ako para magbayad

if i go to Metrowalk or Eastwood, traffic papunta dun then when I reach these places, hahanap naman ako ng parking. tapos pagdating ko sa resto, waiting

and to think i live in a suburban area where it is more efficient than say living in QC or Paranaque na may mga tricycle, pedicabs, jeepneys pa

sa NY, would you believed I covered 26 streets <i walked from 34th street to 61st street) in less than an hour. pagod din ako pero hindi ba hapo na pagdating mo sa destinasyon you're function 50% na lang both sa enthusiasm and energy. grabe ang elements dito, humidity, foot traffic, people cris-crossing hay pilipinas.

----

but i do mind PInoy bashing. marami talaga sa katulad natin ang sadyang pusong mamom or magnet sa mga negative issues like that. the thing is ganun na nga ang karamihan sa'tin mga kababayan dadagdagan pa natin. it's not helping imho.

when one of our own got in trouble sa ibang bansa, yun mga nationals ng bansa na iyon won't give a rat's ass or time para i-bash ang police nila or gobyerno nila just bec. a Filipino tourist got hurt or killed in their turf.

accepted ko naman we are all treated as 2nd class people all over the world dahil na din sa reputation ng bansa na'tin. but i will not participate in putting down my own people. in doing so, will not absolve me of who i am or where i come from. naalala ko tuloy yun mga kebigan ko na gamit ng gamit quotes from the bible to attack somebody they hate sa facebook, imho self-righteous pricks who think sila lang ang anak ng diyos.

para sa'kin if you think you're a saint, then don't go attack / bash the sinners.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
What Do You Feel When Pinoys Get Bashed?