New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    last saturday, i happened to watch this commentary/discussion sa net-25 regarding the pullout of troops sa Iraq. sabi nila, bakit daw nauna pang umalis si brig gen palparan, eh di ba dapat daw siya ang last man out?

this brought to mind yun dialogue ni mel gibson sa "we were soldiers..."

"We are moving into the Valley of the Shadow of Death where you will watch the back of the man next to you, as he will watch yours, and you won't care what color he is, or by what name he calls God. We are going into battle against a tough and determined enemy.

I can't promise you that I will bring you all home alive. But this I swear... when we go into battle, I will be the first to step on the field and I will be the last to step off. And I will leave no one behind... dead or alive. We will all come home together."

comment nyo?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mali nga yata yan....di ba kahit sa barko yung kapitan ang huling naga-abandon ship, he has to make sure na wala nang tao dun sa barko at everybody is safe na bago sya umalis....

pano naging general yan kung nang-iiwan nang mga tao nya? nabago na ba ang conduct nang military dyan sa atin?

pero ganda nang movie na yan ni Mel Gibson...hehehe napabili nga ako nang DVD nyan eh....

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    in the world of command, most specifically in combat, it is always imperative that the commander always leads the unit to accomplish the mission.

latest technology has modified the conduct of combat especially C3. a commander can always influence the situation whether he be in the forefront or in the tactical command post.

i've always looked up to leaders who actually lead their soldiers in combat. we have a lot of gallant officers who have actually done that. and i know that there are still officers out there who will when the situation warrants them.

what i think influenced the actions of gen palparan is the POLITICAL decision. soldiers cannot do otherwise, they have to obey.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bok quindoyos,

hmmmmm makabagong doktrina na natin yan ah

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    given the pull out requirements logistics and all that , it will take quite a while take note that the deadline is hours away... so on the part of the govmnt to express that they are sincere in their pull out made it a point that their top man goes home first---to show that the militants that the rest will be next. it is a strategy on the part of the military to buy more time...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last edited by boydapa; July 20th, 2004 at 05:14 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Originally posted by boknoyxtrm2001
    Bok quindoyos,

hmmmmm makabagong doktrina na natin yan ah
    sir boknoyxtrm, masyado na tayo naiimpluensyahan ng politicos out to grandstand and media out for an exclusive.

kung may freedom of the press, sana may freedom from the press din!

peep peep (busina tayo, bka may taga press dito)

peace man!

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    great movie!

ganun naman ang ibig sabihin nun ah. kc ang sort of "barko" nila is the battlefield not the plane. he will be the first one to set foot on it and will be the last one to leave

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Originally posted by gretzy
    ganun naman ang ibig sabihin nun ah. kc ang sort of "barko" nila is the battlefield not the plane. he will be the first one to set foot on it and will be the last one to leave
    di ko makuha parallelism nito. :confused:

ang kaso nga nauna si general palparan, di mga tao nya.

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    im talking about we were soldiers the movie!hehehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
"we were soldiers..."