New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Di lang sa Pinoy yung ganyan problem.

Any race, without proper supervision, will slack off. Pati Hapon, lalo na Kano.

In any organization, public or private, it is the leaders who must set the standards and maintain them.

That's why we have great companies from small beginnings and huge companies improbably failing. Whoever thought Enron and Worldcom would go pfft? Or that Wal-Mart would beat GM for largest company in the world? Or even that Wal-Mart would get beaten at its own game in Korea and Germany? How many here remeber the Yutivos?

In the '60s, Pinoys used to go to Taiwan for 'ehem' R&R... did these Taiwanese ladies imagine that their children would today be hiring their customers' children?

Proper supervision lang kailangan.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    'We have grown numbed to a lowering of quality over the years. And this mediocrity is wearing us down,' explains Mercado.
    =================================================
    di ko alam anong ibig nya sabihin dito. lowering quality. anong quality
    ibig nya sabihin. our import/export quality, human quality,life quality,
    government quality. this question is ambigous to me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    I guess everyone needs some sense of ethics instilled into them. There are many ways to define ethics. But, I like my old man's definition which is, "doing the right thing without anyone looking and without having to be told". He's drilled that into my mind since kindergarden and it's been my guiding principle up to now.

Edit:

Other rules of thumb he's given me and which defined my life:

1. Treat people the way you'd like to be treated.

2. As a supervisor: Don't give orders you're not willing to follow yourself.

3. Have integrity. Do your job to the best of your abilities (his exact words)
    without expecting a reward. That's up to your boss to decide whether
    you deserve a reward or promotion. Hand in hand with integrity is
    accountability. If I messed up, then I take responsibility for it. That
    include mistakes made by people I'm responsible for as a supervisor.

4. Live within your means. Some essentials can't be avoided like a house,
    for example. Luxuries can wait until I can readily afford them. Also, quit
    making babies if you can't afford to feed or care for them.

Add: Maybe it isn't too obvious. But, I'm very proud of my old man because of the way he's lived his life and how he treated people.

Amen to this brother!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    we gotta put pekto's statements into infomercials. :D

sana lang nga matutunan nila yung mensahe.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my opinion as an outsider:

the issue is not pinoys not seeing themselves as the problem....on the contrary, i don't know of any other nation with such a capacity for self-loathing.

the problems are:
    1. a lot of people talking about what's wrong but no one doing anything about it or trying to change it.
    2. everyone pointing out what's wrong with everyone else but not taking accountability for anything they do to contribute to the problem

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Easier said than done are those 12 things....I try to find the simplest among the 12 and ask myself if I'm doing it. Pay your taxes....I used to brood over withholding taxes in my salary before, and it's not only me. Do not litter, corrolary is pick up a litter if you find one. Can we do that? Is that our job? Now it is according to the Lacson guy.
    Easier said than done but we have to try.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    my opinion as an outsider:

the issue is not pinoys not seeing themselves as the problem....on the contrary, i don't know of any other nation with such a capacity for self-loathing.

the problems are:
    1. a lot of people talking about what's wrong but no one doing anything about it or trying to change it.
    2. everyone pointing out what's wrong with everyone else but not taking accountability for anything they do to contribute to the problem

Bullseye! Just look at the government when something happens, i.e. disaster, OFW's in Lebanon, everyone just points fingers at each other and nobody takes responsibility and says that they F*%* up and they will take responsibilty. It all goes back to lack of ethics and discipline.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    ang mga Kano naman sa amerika ang parang Pinoy sa Pilipinas

Bakit mas masipag si Pedro at Gadang sa Amerika kaysa nung nasa Pinas sya? Dahil si Pedro at Gadang ay hindi na di-discriminate ng sarili nyang lahi. Bakit kailangan may pleasing personality kapag nag-aaply? Hindi naman nag-aaply ng model si Pedro or Gadang. Bakit kailangan between 25-30 years old ang employee eh kaya namang gawin ni Pedro na 45 years old ang trabaho ng 25 years old? Bakit kailangan babae ang receptionist samantalang kaya namang gampanan ni Pedro ang gawaing front desk receptionist? Bakit kailangang may litraro sa Bio-Data ang aplikante, para ba mahusgasan agad ang panlabas na anyo ni Pedro at Gadang? Kung hindi, eh bakit nga requirement ang picture? Bakit kailangang single ang supervisor? Baket, may balak ba ang manager na diskartehan ang supervisor kaya ba SINGLE ang kailangan? Taena, marami kasi tayong kababayan na superficial. Wag na tayong magtaka kung bakit nagaalisan ng Pinas ang mga kababayan. Hanggat walang EQUAL OPPORTUNITY policy sa Pinas, maraming mawawalan ng trabaho pagdating ng trenta! Juskudai, 60-years old sa ibang bansa, priority pa nila sa employment. Sa palagay ko ay iyan ang kulang sa Pinas, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY regardless of age, gender, religion, ***ual orientation, marital status. atbp

pero masarap mag-retire sa Pinas
    I have to agree with this. When I applied for my job (d2 sa pinas but an american company) may form silang ibinigay sa amin at walang portion dun na kailangan ang picture at age, but a lot of space for work experience and skills!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    the problems are:
    you just described in full detail, our beloved congressman Francis Escudero

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by laklak
    Sigurado ba kayo na ang mga kano, pag nagtratrabaho sa tate ay hindi sila nagpapa banjing banjing? wala silang "pwede na to" attitude? Siguro sa mga asian countries like Japan, Singapore So. Korea, maaaring totoo ito pero sa Western Countries this do not apply 100%. Those that provide quality labor in the states are mostly immigrants (Mexicans, Eastern Europeans, Indians and of course Pinoys too).

Its difficult to compare ourselves with more progressive countries, it again boils down to plain old economics. we always tend to compare similar persons working the same jobs in different countries. No matter which way we look at it, it never is the same, the conditions are always different. One thing that could move us a nation forward is getting rid of our attitude of indifference.
    That's exactly my point (and the point of the original post), the society CRAVES to be compared to the inferior aspect of others to boost one's confidence.

Until one learns its shortcomings and accepts it, there's absolutely no clear indication of that person/country/society is ready to move forward.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Are we Pinoys in Pinas too arrogant to see we could be the problem?