New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kung 1M years ago na nila nilagay yun mga tripod dun, d syempre nagbago na ang geography ng mundo. malas naman yun mga ginising sa mga isolated islands or yun mga dating land na na-coveran na ng sea, la sila mapatay hehehe or pati ba mga animals/marine life kasama sa annihilation mission?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    and in the book, it was funny din that they did not do research to check for earth-only bacteria. the main character in the book was surmising that the martians were probably quite advanced in the sense that the martians eradicated bacteria from their planet already, and lacking knowledge about the nasties here, they fell victim.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    kung 1M years ago na nila nilagay yun mga tripod dun, d syempre nagbago na ang geography ng mundo. malas naman yun mga ginising sa mga isolated islands or yun mga dating land na na-coveran na ng sea, la sila mapatay hehehe or pati ba mga animals/marine life kasama sa annihilation mission?
    In the book... they didn't have time to "research" us as they just "invaded" us from Mars.

The world of the aliens (were dying) and when Mars & Earth aligned, they launched gas bubbles from Mars and landed on earth in cylindrical tubes... wherein the aliens first emerged then re entered the cylinders to use their tripods. Even the alien's description was a bit off... since they were to be a bit sluggish here since the gravity here on Earth is greater than that of Mars.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    they should have at least modified (improve) the plot of the movie to suit year 2005.

annoying scream the little girl....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There's no way to modify that plot to satisfy scientific credibility. It's a major stumbling block for most speculative fiction / science fiction. You can write a masterpiece of sci-fi with very probable and believeable science nowadays, and find out just before it goes to print (remember, it takes over a year ad a half to get a draft to print) that the science has moved on, and your obra maestra becomes unbelievable rubbish.

I like the way Spielberg did it. Forget trying to justify the science... just go straight to the human side of the story.

Anyway, NO ALIEN INVASION story is believeable... EVER. Not ID4, not this, not anything. If aliens were advanced enough to come this far, they would hardly waste the time and resources to try and kill us off house to house... block to block... city by city... they would just nuke us all from space, go into deep sleep, wait for the dust to settle, then colonize... and if you've travelled interstellar distances to get here, a couple of nukes is small potatoes. :D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    the Battlestar Galactica 2004 remake had a very realistic story..one of my top favorite TV series..though it doesnt involve 'aliens' at all..lotsa ***ual situations too hehe

i think those who r disappointed r those who havent heard of War of the Worlds til now..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    And also consider this: What will they get on Earth?

Nothing. Nada. Zilch. No wonder "invasion" will never happen. Ever.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ako I really like the Men In Black idea of invasion kahit funny, they live among us na hehehe. if aliens are intelligent creatures then the most intelligent thing to do is
    be like the intelligence agencies of countries, aka spying & undercover etc ...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    im not disappointed with the movie naman...i think that it was just....well, 'blah' ... hahaha it wasn't quite explained kung paano namatay aliens eh parang kulang dialogues o dahil bobo lang ako? hehehe and yes i haven't heard of the book. i better get a copy so i could appreciate the ending. hehehe

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ako la na time to read books, I rely on movies lang.
    sana gawin na din movie yun da vinci code para naman maintindihan ko yun hype na yun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
War of the Worlds - Da Mubi