New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bearable naman autism basta high-functioning.... sobrang hirap pag hindi. kelangan talaga patience and understanding on the parent's side as often meron speech impediment ang autistic kids.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding View Post
    look out for flapping hands, one of the obvious characteristic of autism that tends to be neglected or disregarded.

$700 a month, did your friend seek assistance from the County? Most autism therapy is paid for by the County. [California]

If he's from the east coast, its likely that he isnt getting any assistance. Karamihang taga east coast lumilipat ng California due to enormous funding to cure autism.

Initial assessment: $4000

bttt, and yes it a great feeling to see an autistic child improved just after a few months of therapy. Thanks to those hard-working, dedicated therapist...no amount of money can repay those therapists.
    yep... he lives in Illinois where I used to work. He's thinking of moving to Wisconsin where the gov't assistance is better.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Autistic kids are very extreme but very talented. They are very blessed with talents but they can be very violent too!

I dunno if you came across this article in the Inquirer a few months back on the front page regarding an autistic kid. That autistic kid is my niece.

I remember that kid when she was a year old, she had a very high fever and experienced convulsions. She was rushed to the hospital for treatments. But when we were celebrating our yearly Christmas family affair, my mom noticed that she was not responding to calls and baby talk. My mom told my cousin that there is something wrong with the baby but they did not mind it.

It was too late when the parents of my niece found out that she was an autistic child. Now my niece is 20 years old and still she can't talk but she can recognize naman her parents, siblings and her yaya. She knows how to eat by herself but she has a fondness for Coke! I dunno why but she will not eat if you dont give her Coke. We only serve her diet Coke when she's here sa house namin kase baka daw maging diabetic.

Am just scared when she is in outrage kase she pokes her head and her chest, then she bites her hands kaya puro kalyo na ang ma kamay nya. When she rides the car, she doenst easily goes out when they arrive to their destination. Her dad has to go around in circles just to satisfy her and make her go out of the car. Kawawa sya kase sinasaktan nya sarili nya at hindi mo alam kung bakit.

We love her and she is a blessing naman to my cousin and his family. Nung una nahirapan sila tanggapin na ganun ang anak nila pero eventually, they learned to love her more and together with her other siblings, their family's bond became stronger than ever! Yun na siguro ang pinakamagandang nangyari sa kanila.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    The problem with my friend's son is the tantrums. As he gets older it is harder for his parents to control him! He gets violent and he punches, kicks and bites. He is just 7 now but my friend and his wife sometimes get bruises and bite wounds. What happens then when he gets older?... as in man old?

That's the time my friend dreads most... he just hopes the theraphy will help soon enough!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Autistic kids are very extreme but very talented. They are very blessed with talents but they can be very violent too!

I dunno if you came across this article in the Inquirer a few months back on the front page regarding an autistic kid. That autistic kid is my niece.

I remember that kid when she was a year old, she had a very high fever and experienced convulsions. She was rushed to the hospital for treatments. But when we were celebrating our yearly Christmas family affair, my mom noticed that she was not responding to calls and baby talk. My mom told my cousin that there is something wrong with the baby but they did not mind it.

It was too late when the parents of my niece found out that she was an autistic child. Now my niece is 20 years old and still she can't talk but she can recognize naman her parents, siblings and her yaya. She knows how to eat by herself but she has a fondness for Coke! I dunno why but she will not eat if you dont give her Coke. We only serve her diet Coke when she's here sa house namin kase baka daw maging diabetic.

Am just scared when she is in outrage kase she pokes her head and her chest, then she bites her hands kaya puro kalyo na ang ma kamay nya. When she rides the car, she doenst easily goes out when they arrive to their destination. Her dad has to go around in circles just to satisfy her and make her go out of the car. Kawawa sya kase sinasaktan nya sarili nya at hindi mo alam kung bakit.

We love her and she is a blessing naman to my cousin and his family. Nung una nahirapan sila tanggapin na ganun ang anak nila pero eventually, they learned to love her more and together with her other siblings, their family's bond became stronger than ever! Yun na siguro ang pinakamagandang nangyari sa kanila.
    OT: My brother-in-law also has autism.

Kaya before kami nagpakasal ni wifey, talagang pina attend ako ng seminars about autistic children para masanay ako.

BTW, he is already 22. 5'10 and weights 200lbs. Just like Lady Rider's niece, sinasaktan din niya sarili nya pag nagta-tantrums sya. Hindi naman sha nananakit ng iba. Imagine his size, kaya pag nagkataon na nagtantrum sha at nandun ako, hirap ako pigilan, ang laki kase.

Pero mahal na mahal namin sya, blessing talaga sya para sa amin. Tanggal naman ang pagod mo kapag kinantahan ka na nya ng "Bananas in Pajamas" and "New Kid in Town".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
a very nice story about an autistic kid